Dazuko - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Dazuko - Mandriva ; Hi, I have installed the Grisfot AVG Antivirus scanner on this pc...but when I try to switch on the avg-daemon to make it scan files upon opening, it complains about a missing Dazuko...I have downloaded it but when I try ...

  1. Dazuko

    Hi,
    I have installed the Grisfot AVG Antivirus scanner on this pc...but when
    I try to switch on the avg-daemon to make it scan files upon opening, it
    complains about a missing Dazuko...I have downloaded it but when I try
    to compile it it stops, giving this output:
    (snip)
    checking if security module support is enabled... no
    error: security module support must be enabled in your kernel

    Do I have to tell the Kernel that I want the highest kind of security?
    And...how do I do that? Any advice would be highly apreciated

    All the best, Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2007 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU,
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600

  2. Re: Dazuko

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:18:29 -0400, Roger wrote:

    > I have installed the Grisfot AVG Antivirus scanner on this pc...but when

    Note that running the avgd daemon, is only needed, if you want "on access"
    scanning. Without it, you can still run /opt/grisoft/avggui/bin/avggui
    or /opt/grisoft/avg7/bin/avgscan, for "on demand" scanning.

    I tried compiling the module into my custom kernel, which also required including the rsbac features, but there appear to be erorrs in the source
    for the module.

    I'd stick with on demand scanning, and only use it for windows executables,
    that will be accessed by systems running windows.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Dazuko

    David W. Hodgins skrev:
    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:18:29 -0400, Roger wrote:
    >
    >> I have installed the Grisfot AVG Antivirus scanner on this pc...but when

    > Note that running the avgd daemon, is only needed, if you want "on access"
    > scanning. Without it, you can still run /opt/grisoft/avggui/bin/avggui
    > or /opt/grisoft/avg7/bin/avgscan, for "on demand" scanning.
    >
    > I tried compiling the module into my custom kernel, which also required including the rsbac features, but there appear to be erorrs in the source
    > for the module.
    >
    > I'd stick with on demand scanning, and only use it for windows executables,
    > that will be accessed by systems running windows.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    I can see from what you write that this might be a little too
    complicated task for me, I guess I follow your advice and stick with
    what I've got....would be great though if this could be fixed in a
    forthcoming Mandriva release, since I have noticed that Clamav also is
    asking for Dazuko..well.
    Thanks for the Advice Dave.

    All the best, Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2007 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU,
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600

+ Reply to Thread