Greetings,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have successfully installed
Mandriva on a Gateway MX8739 laptop. Mandriva is working perfectly and I
even have wireless working, I had to install the drivers from disk using
ndiswrapper,It did not recognize the onboard wireless, however I bought
and installed a Linksys wireless card that uses the broadcom 4318 chipset
driver install was not painful at all. Here are some of the specs on this
laptop. I also got a great deal on it. Best Buy has this for 599.00. At
least that what I found out when I picked it up. I originally paid 683.00
only to find out it was even cheaper in store, so today they refund over
50.00 back to me. This made this computer even sweeter.

Specs:

* Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core mobile processor T2080 with 533MHz
frontside bus, 1MB L2 cache and 1.73GHz processor speed
* 1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory for multitasking power; expandable to 2GB
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up
to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R
DL media; also supports DVD-RAM

Reg. Price: $799.99
You Save: $150.00
Sale: $649.99