Seti - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Seti - Mandriva ; Newbie alert hi all somewhere I found a guide as to how to get Seti running on Mandrake and I've lost the url. I've got it downloaded and in the /opt dir. I got it to connect and d/l some ...

  1. Seti

    Newbie alert
    hi all
    somewhere I found a guide as to how to get Seti running on Mandrake
    and I've lost the url.
    I've got it downloaded and in the /opt dir.
    I got it to connect and d/l some work but it won't start itself
    I'd really like to run it as soon as I start Mandriva.
    I'm running the 2007 spring version
    any ideas, hints.
    would be appreciated
    or indeed the url I got the guide from
    and yes I have googled about looking for it
    but with no success.

    --

    regards
    les

  2. Re: Seti

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:42:43 -0400, les goodwin wrote:

    > I've got it downloaded and in the /opt dir.

    I have it installed in my home directory, under the directory
    name ~/BOINC.

    In my ~/.kde/Autostart, I have an executable file called run_client.sh
    which contains
    cd "/home/dave/BOINC" && ./boinc &

    If you run it at the startup of mandriva, setup a specific user for
    it, and use su -l boincuser, before cding to the boinc directory,
    and executing it. Make sure the boincuser has read/write access
    to the boinc dir.

    I have an icon on the desktop for running the boinc manager.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Seti

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:24:59 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:42:43 -0400, les goodwin
    >> I've got it downloaded and in the /opt dir.

    > If you run it at the startup of mandriva, setup a specific user for
    > it, and use su -l boincuser, before cding to the boinc directory,
    > and executing it. Make sure the boincuser has read/write access
    > to the boinc dir.

    Cheers for that.
    I eventually found the source
    http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum...d.php?id=21571

    When I screw up enough courage I'll have a "bash" at running it

    --
    regards
    les

+ Reply to Thread