ogle in 2007.1?? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on ogle in 2007.1?? - Mandriva ; Has anyone gotten ogle to work in 2007.1? It is included in the main repository, but when I try to run it, it detaches and dies. Ie, nothing ever appears on the screen , and if I do an strace, ...

  1. ogle in 2007.1??

    Has anyone gotten ogle to work in 2007.1? It is included in the main
    repository, but when I try to run it, it detaches and dies. Ie, nothing
    ever appears on the screen , and if I do an strace, all I see is that a
    child process has detached and that is it.
    Now I may be doing something wrong, but I do not know what it is.
    ogle still has features that I have not seen in other programs ( or maybe I
    have just gotten used to it).

  2. Re: ogle in 2007.1??

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:32:15 -0400, Bill Unruh wrote:

    > Has anyone gotten ogle to work in 2007.1? It is included in the main
    > repository, but when I try to run it, it detaches and dies. Ie, nothing

    Running ogle on my system, shows the copyright screen, then a note,
    then faies with ...

    Note[ogle_audio]: Using audio driver 'oss'
    FATAL[ogle_audio]: failed opening the oss audio driver at /dev/dsp
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 18367 exited with 1 (/usr/lib/ogle/ogle_audio

    I then installed ogle_gui, and now get ...
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 18807 killed (?)
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 18807 terminated on signal: 11 (?)
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid died before registering
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: all children dead
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui with pid 18807
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: slaying child: 18807 /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui
    Debug[ogle_ctrl]: removing shmid: 16973829
    Note[ogle_ctrl]: exiting

    I find kaffeine works fine.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: ogle in 2007.1??

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:06:25 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:32:15 -0400, Bill Unruh wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone gotten ogle to work in 2007.1? It is included in the main
    >> repository, but when I try to run it, it detaches and dies. Ie, nothing

    > Running ogle on my system, shows the copyright screen, then a note,
    > then faies with ...
    >
    > Note[ogle_audio]: Using audio driver 'oss'
    > FATAL[ogle_audio]: failed opening the oss audio driver at /dev/dsp
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 18367 exited with 1 (/usr/lib/ogle/ogle_audio
    >
    > I then installed ogle_gui, and now get ...
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 18807 killed (?)
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 18807 terminated on signal: 11 (?)
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid died before registering
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: all children dead
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui with pid 18807
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: slaying child: 18807 /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui
    > Debug[ogle_ctrl]: removing shmid: 16973829
    > Note[ogle_ctrl]: exiting
    >
    > I find kaffeine works fine.

    I get nothing. The command line returns and that is it. No suggestion even
    of a screen or window coming up.

  4. Re: ogle in 2007.1??

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:06:41 -0400, Bill Unruh wrote:

    > I get nothing. The command line returns and that is it. No suggestion even
    > of a screen or window coming up.

    Got it working.

    First I tried it in 2007.0, where it worked find.

    I then modifed the script /usr/bin/ogle, adding the line
    set -x -v
    after the first line, to turn on bash debugging. Then
    the actual execution lines to ...
    if [ -x "$DVDP_UI" ]; then
    strace -f -F -otestoutput.txt $DVDP_CTRL -u gui $param;
    else
    strace -f -F -otestoutput.txt $DVDP_CTRL -u cli $param;
    fi;

    I ended up removing the gui, as it just died immediately,
    and passing the "-u cli" parm" doesn't work.

    Then it died trying to open /dev/dsp, for oss output.

    I'm using a custom kernel, and had oss disabled. I
    modified the .config to reenable oss (still using
    the alsa sound module), and ogle now works fine.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  5. Re: ogle in 2007.1??

    "David W. Hodgins" writes:

    >On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:06:41 -0400, Bill Unruh wrote:

    >> I get nothing. The command line returns and that is it. No suggestion even
    >> of a screen or window coming up.

    >Got it working.

    >First I tried it in 2007.0, where it worked find.

    >I then modifed the script /usr/bin/ogle, adding the line
    >set -x -v
    >after the first line, to turn on bash debugging. Then
    >the actual execution lines to ...
    >if [ -x "$DVDP_UI" ]; then
    > strace -f -F -otestoutput.txt $DVDP_CTRL -u gui $param;
    >else
    > strace -f -F -otestoutput.txt $DVDP_CTRL -u cli $param;
    >fi;

    >I ended up removing the gui, as it just died immediately,
    >and passing the "-u cli" parm" doesn't work.

    >Then it died trying to open /dev/dsp, for oss output.

    >I'm using a custom kernel, and had oss disabled. I
    >modified the .config to reenable oss (still using
    >the alsa sound module), and ogle now works fine.

    Yes. I got the cli to work. The gui simply dies with nothing. And strace
    does not show anything .

    However it still has problems See another thread about problems with ALL
    viewers under Mandriva.

+ Reply to Thread