Getting help for k3b - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Getting help for k3b - Mandriva ; mandriva 2006 kde 3.4.2 I tried the following to get the help file for k3b but as you can see I didnt get very far. Help please,Tia [dale@myhome ~]$ su Password: [root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-help --auto no package named k3b-help ...

  1. Getting help for k3b

    mandriva 2006
    kde 3.4.2

    I tried the following to get the
    help file for k3b but as you can
    see I didnt get very far.
    Help please,Tia

    [dale@myhome ~]$ su
    Password:
    [root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-help --auto
    no package named k3b-help
    [root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-doc --auto
    no package named k3b-doc
    [root@myhome dale]#

  2. Re: Getting help for k3b

    dale's news stuff writes:

    >mandriva 2006
    >kde 3.4.2

    >I tried the following to get the
    >help file for k3b but as you can
    >see I didnt get very far.
    > Help please,Tia

    >[dale@myhome ~]$ su
    >Password:
    >[root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-help --auto
    >no package named k3b-help
    >[root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-doc --auto
    >no package named k3b-doc
    >[root@myhome dale]#

    And why did you think there was a file called either k3b-help or k3b-doc?
    There isn't.
    All docs are part of the k3b package. Maybe if you told us what you were
    trying to do it would help.

  3. Re: Getting help for k3b

    Unruh wrote:

    > dale's news stuff writes:
    >
    >>mandriva 2006
    >>kde 3.4.2

    >>I tried the following to get the
    >>help file for k3b but as you can
    >>see I didnt get very far.
    >> Help please,Tia

    >>[dale@myhome ~]$ su
    >>Password:
    >>[root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-help --auto
    >>no package named k3b-help
    >>[root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-doc --auto
    >>no package named k3b-doc
    >>[root@myhome dale]#

    > And why did you think there was a file called either k3b-help or k3b-doc?
    > There isn't.
    > All docs are part of the k3b package. Maybe if you told us what you were
    > trying to do it would help.

    Im a first time user of k3b so after I opened it I clicked on "help"
    and when I tried to open the handbook I got this msg....

    The requested help file could not be found. Check that you have installed
    the documentation.....

    so thats why I tried using urpmi to get the doc's or help files.

  4. Re: Getting help for k3b

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:51:00 -0400, dale's news stuff wrote:

    > I tried the following to get the
    > help file for k3b but as you can
    > see I didnt get very far.

    The documentation is included in the k3b rpm. See
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b, or select press f1,
    while running k3b.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  5. Re: Getting help for k3b

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:51:00 -0400, dale's news stuff
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I tried the following to get the
    >> help file for k3b but as you can
    >> see I didnt get very far.

    > The documentation is included in the k3b rpm. See
    > /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b, or select press f1,
    > while running k3b.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    I had a good look in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/ but found
    nothing as far as k3b.... how or where could I find the doc's...
    Tia,Dale

  6. Re: Getting help for k3b

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:40:15 -0400, dale's news stuff wrote:

    > Im a first time user of k3b so after I opened it I clicked on "help"
    > and when I tried to open the handbook I got this msg....

    I don't remember what problems existed with the 2006/kde 3.4.2 version
    of khelpcenter, but you can view the kde documentation online at
    http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extrag...k3b/index.html
    although it will be for the kde 3.5 version.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  7. Re: Getting help for k3b

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:40:15 -0400, dale's news stuff
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Im a first time user of k3b so after I opened it I clicked on "help"
    >> and when I tried to open the handbook I got this msg....

    > I don't remember what problems existed with the 2006/kde 3.4.2 version
    > of khelpcenter, but you can view the kde documentation online at
    > http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extrag...k3b/index.html
    > although it will be for the kde 3.5 version.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Thanks Dave,now thats a big help !!!

  8. Re: Getting help for k3b

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:53:01 +0000, dale's news stuff wrote:

    > David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:51:00 -0400, dale's news stuff
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tried the following to get the help file for k3b but as you can
    >>> see I didnt get very far.

    >> The documentation is included in the k3b rpm. See
    >> /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b, or select press f1, while running k3b.
    >>

    > I had a good look in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/ but found nothing as far as
    > k3b.... how or where could I find the doc's... Tia,Dale

    Looks like something is 'borked' on your install:

    $locate doc|grep k3b
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/audiocd-howto.docbook
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/burndialog_audio.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/burndialog_progress.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcloning_dialog.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcloning_reading.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcopy-howto.docbook
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcopy_done.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcopy_reading.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcopy_settings.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/cdcopy_writing.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/commands.docbook
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/common
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/dcop.docbook
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/index.cache.bz2
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/index.docbook
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/select_audiofiles.png
    /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b/select_project.png

    You might want to try these resources:

    http://k3b.plainblack.com/support
    http://www.nabble.com/kde-doc-english-f6471.html
    http://docs.pclinuxos.com/K3b

    HTH!
    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
    eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare preloads & sales

  9. Re: Getting help for k3b

    dale's news stuff writes:

    >Unruh wrote:

    >> dale's news stuff writes:
    >>
    >>>mandriva 2006
    >>>kde 3.4.2

    >>>I tried the following to get the
    >>>help file for k3b but as you can
    >>>see I didnt get very far.
    >>> Help please,Tia

    >>>[dale@myhome ~]$ su
    >>>Password:
    >>>[root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-help --auto
    >>>no package named k3b-help
    >>>[root@myhome dale]# urpmi k3b-doc --auto
    >>>no package named k3b-doc
    >>>[root@myhome dale]#

    >> And why did you think there was a file called either k3b-help or k3b-doc?
    >> There isn't.
    >> All docs are part of the k3b package. Maybe if you told us what you were
    >> trying to do it would help.

    >Im a first time user of k3b so after I opened it I clicked on "help"
    >and when I tried to open the handbook I got this msg....

    >The requested help file could not be found. Check that you have installed
    >the documentation.....
    >
    >so thats why I tried using urpmi to get the doc's or help files.

    OK, now that's the kind of question that is possible to answer. Ie, you
    told us what the specific symptoms were, not what your guess at a solution
    was.

    Try as root
    chmod -R a+rX /usr/share

    As far as I can see, the help files are part of k3b package

  10. Re: Getting help for k3b

    dale's news stuff writes:

    >David W. Hodgins wrote:

    >> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:51:00 -0400, dale's news stuff
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tried the following to get the
    >>> help file for k3b but as you can
    >>> see I didnt get very far.

    >> The documentation is included in the k3b rpm. See
    >> /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/k3b, or select press f1,
    >> while running k3b.
    >>
    >> Regards, Dave Hodgins
    >>

    >I had a good look in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/ but found
    >nothing as far as k3b.... how or where could I find the doc's...
    >Tia,Dale

    Exactly how did you install k3b. And on what distribution and what version
    of the distro?

+ Reply to Thread