remotly moniter server helth - Mandriva

This is a discussion on remotly moniter server helth - Mandriva ; is there a way to remotely moniter the cpu temp and other system stats. I have an old ibm aptiva that I am using as a headless server for learning perposis, I would like to keep an eye on the ...

  1. remotly moniter server helth

    is there a way to remotely moniter the cpu temp and other system stats.

    I have an old ibm aptiva that I am using as a headless server for
    learning perposis, I would like to keep an eye on the system from my
    other computers.

  2. Re: remotly moniter server helth

    chris gareau wrote:

    > is there a way to remotely moniter the cpu temp and other system stats.
    >
    > I have an old ibm aptiva that I am using as a headless server for
    > learning perposis, I would like to keep an eye on the system from my
    > other computers.

    lm_sensors
    --
    Dave

  3. Re: remotly moniter server helth

    Dave Pickles wrote:
    > chris gareau wrote:
    >
    >> is there a way to remotely moniter the cpu temp and other system stats.
    >>
    >> I have an old ibm aptiva that I am using as a headless server for
    >> learning perposis, I would like to keep an eye on the system from my
    >> other computers.

    > lm_sensors

    it can't find any sensors in my computer.

  4. Re: remotly moniter server helth

    chris gareau wrote:

    > Dave Pickles wrote:
    >> chris gareau wrote:
    >>
    >>> is there a way to remotely moniter the cpu temp and other system stats.
    >>>
    >>> I have an old ibm aptiva that I am using as a headless server for
    >>> learning perposis, I would like to keep an eye on the system from my
    >>> other computers.

    >> lm_sensors

    > it can't find any sensors in my computer.

    Really? What model is that exactly? It's been many, many years since
    I've seen a PC without sensors of one type or another. If the BIOS has
    a mode that shows temperatures or fan speeds, then there are sensors,
    although maybe lm_sensors will need some help finding them.

    Regards,

    David Mathog

  5. Re: remotly moniter server helth

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:54:57 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > it can't find any sensors in my computer.

    Are you saying, sensors-detect isn't finding anything?
    What does lshw|head show?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins