Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ? - Mandriva ; Hi, Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ? A picasa-like ? Thanks Vincent...

  1. Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    Hi,

    Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ?
    A picasa-like ?

    Thanks

    Vincent

  2. Re: Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    VincentM wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ?
    > A picasa-like ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Vincent

    IIRC, you can actually get a version of Picasa which will run under Linux -
    it actually uses WINE technology to make things work.

    Look here: http://picasa.google.com/linux/

    Also, I have heard good things about an application called digiKam. It may
    already be installed by your version of the distro - Under KDE, just check
    the application menu under Multimedia|Graphics.

    HTH

    Rob.

  3. Re: Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:51:27 +0200, VincentM wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ? A
    > picasa-like ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Vincent

    Isn't there a picasa rpm in the mirrors? I use PCLinuxOS and picasa is in
    their repositories so I would think there is one available for Mandriva.

  4. Re: Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:51:27 +0200, VincentM wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ?
    > A picasa-like ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Vincent

    I believe picassa runs adequately under wine.

  5. Re: Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    ray wrote:

    Hi,

    >> Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ?
    >> A picasa-like ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Vincent

    > I believe picassa runs adequately under wine.

    http://picasa.google.com/linux/thanks-rpm.html

    Good luck

  6. Re: Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:29:30 +0000, Paul Pygeon wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Is there any good software for the organization of pictures ?
    >>> A picasa-like ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Vincent

    >> I believe picassa runs adequately under wine.

    > http://picasa.google.com/linux/thanks-rpm.html
    >
    > Good luck

    Well, thanks, but I've tried it - I don't want it.

  7. Re: Clone of Picasa for Mandriva ?

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:34:47 -0600, ray wrote:

    >>> I believe picassa runs adequately under wine.

    >> http://picasa.google.com/linux/thanks-rpm.html
    >>
    >> Good luck

    > Well, thanks, but I've tried it - I don't want it.

    Just downloaded and installed a Linux version of Picasa from Google.
    Available in several formats including .rpm for Mandriva etc.

+ Reply to Thread