Azureus - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Azureus - Mandriva ; Hi all, I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would ...

  1. Azureus

    Hi all,
    I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend
    telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried
    it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would be great.

    All the best
    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2007 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU,
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600

  2. Re: Azureus

    On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:05:23 +0200, Roger wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend
    > telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried
    > it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would be great.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger

    Dunno about other people... I'm using it on 2007.1

  3. Re: Azureus

    On Aug 11, 9:05 am, Roger
    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend
    > telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried
    > it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would be great.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger
    > --
    > Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2007 (Linuxcounter #432950)
    >
    > MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU,
    > ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600

    Azureus is working for my Mandriva 2007 install.

  4. Re: Azureus

    On 2007-08-11, Roger wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend
    > telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried
    > it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would be great.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger

    Works fine here. Stick to the 2.5.0.x branch though. They seem to have
    lost their way with Version 3 (Firefox dependencies WTF?)

    Lordy

  5. Re: Azureus

    On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:05:23 +0200, Roger wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend
    > telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried
    > it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would be great.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger

    I know Azureus, I use to use Azureus, Azureus was a friend of mine
    But Mandriva Springs Comes with Ktorrent which is much better IMHO.
    Azureus will work but look at kTorrent, you won;t regret it.

    Bacchus the Roman God of Wine
    men love his wine, Women just love him
    http://www.helamonster.com/classified/

  6. Re: Azureus

    Bacchus skrev:
    > On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:05:23 +0200, Roger wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I wonder about upgrading to Mandriva Spring (2007), but I have a friend
    >> telling me that Azureus won't work on it, have any on you people tried
    >> it, or come across a workaround? any ideas and input would be great.
    >>
    >> All the best
    >> Roger

    > I know Azureus, I use to use Azureus, Azureus was a friend of mine
    > But Mandriva Springs Comes with Ktorrent which is much better IMHO.
    > Azureus will work but look at kTorrent, you won;t regret it.

    I say thankyou for all the answeres, I have now installed Spring on
    another machine and have taken a look at Ktorrent, as far as I can tell
    now it seems like a good thing =0)
    Thankyou for the advice Bacchus

    All the best
    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2007 (Linuxcounter #432950) (Icq 242808721)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU,
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600

  7. Re: Azureus

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:18:52 +0000, Bacchus wrote:

    > I know Azureus, I use to use Azureus, Azureus was a friend of mine But
    > Mandriva Springs Comes with Ktorrent which is much better IMHO. Azureus
    > will work but look at kTorrent, you won;t regret it.

    I got Ktorrent both crash under .i586 and x64 box, and I could not
    restart it. So I goes back to Bittorrent.

+ Reply to Thread