Won't auto mount to my nfs network - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Won't auto mount to my nfs network - Mandriva ; I have been trying get my machine to mount my nfs network, but it failed during bootup But, I can mount it by opening a console being root and typing in mount -a . Than I have access to my ...

  1. Won't auto mount to my nfs network

    I have been trying get my machine to mount my nfs network, but it failed
    during bootup

    But, I can mount it by opening a console being root and typing in
    mount -a . Than I have access to my shared files.

    In the past, I added the line mount -a to the /etc/rc.d/local.rc

    Is there any other files I should edit to get my dirs to mounted.

  2. Re: Won't auto mount to my nfs network

    cw wrote:
    > I have been trying get my machine to mount my nfs network, but it failed
    > during bootup
    >
    > But, I can mount it by opening a console being root and typing in
    > mount -a . Than I have access to my shared files.
    >
    > In the past, I added the line mount -a to the /etc/rc.d/local.rc
    >
    > Is there any other files I should edit to get my dirs to mounted.

    Does /etc/mtab contain something like this?
    (gw:/ is root partition on gw.home.invalid; /xr is where it is mounted
    on jb.home.invalid) Note that each of these must be one line starting
    with gw:, the line breaks are imposed by e-mail formatting.

    gw:/ /xr nfs ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=192.16 8.0.106 0 0
    gw:/etc /xetc nfs ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=192.16 8.0.106 0 0
    gw:/home /xhome nfs ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=192.16 8.0.106 0 0
    gw:/usr /xusr nfs ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=192.16 8.0.106 0 0
    gw:/var /xvar nfs ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=192.16 8.0.106 0 0
    gw:/mnt/windows /xwindows nfs
    ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=192.16 8.0.106 0 0

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  3. Re: Won't auto mount to my nfs network

    cw wrote:
    > I have been trying get my machine to mount my nfs network, but it failed
    > during bootup
    >
    > But, I can mount it by opening a console being root and typing in
    > mount -a . Than I have access to my shared files.

    Try adding "defaults,_netdev," to the beginning of your options in
    fstab. My fstab nfs entries look something like:

    linuxserver:/home/user/Backups /mnt/Backups nfs
    defaults,_netdev,users,noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=81 92,soft 0 0

    Art

+ Reply to Thread