I run a Linux Desktop (Mandriva 2007.1) and use Gnomad2 to move files to
and from a Creative Zen Touch. However, I can't find any way to backup
the contents of the device now so that I can reinstall the classical
music later after the reformat.

I have access to a Windows machine and have tried to copy or burn off
the files I want with Creative's Media Source application.

Am I just being naive, or is there no way to retain this music?

--
Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
http://adamslan.shyper.com -*- Mandriva User# 263042

You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme
caution.