voicemail server - Mandriva

This is a discussion on voicemail server - Mandriva ; I'm looking for a simple to set up sip voicemail server that I can run on my server that I can route calls to from my voip phone adapter. -- Want the ultimate in free OTA SD/HDTV Recorder? http://mythtv.org http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html ...

  1. voicemail server

    I'm looking for a simple to set up sip voicemail server that I can run on
    my server that I can route calls to from my voip phone adapter.

  2. Re: voicemail server

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:07:30 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

    > I'm looking for a simple to set up sip voicemail server that I can run
    > on my server that I can route calls to from my voip phone adapter.

    I have no idea how "simple" you mean. However, Asterisk should be able to
    do what you want.

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk

    You may need additional hardware for this to handle connection to your in-
    house phone system. See the Hardware section on that page. The additional
    hardware that I know about will not be cheap. There may be a way around
    using additional hardware but I did not discover it when I was
    researching this.

    After looking at the cost of hardware to do this I just stuck with the
    voice-mail that is included with my Globalinx phone account and wired the
    adapter into our in-house wiring. The included voice-mail works from all
    the phones connected through the adapter anyway.

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    13:26:33 up 7 days, 19:23, 3 users, load average: 0.31, 0.28, 0.24
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
    eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare preloads & sales

  3. Re: voicemail server

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:35:08 +0000, ERACC wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:07:30 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a simple to set up sip voicemail server that I can run
    >> on my server that I can route calls to from my voip phone adapter.

    > I have no idea how "simple" you mean. However, Asterisk should be able to
    > do what you want.
    >
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk
    >
    > You may need additional hardware for this to handle connection to your in-
    > house phone system. See the Hardware section on that page. The additional
    > hardware that I know about will not be cheap. There may be a way around
    > using additional hardware but I did not discover it when I was
    > researching this.
    >
    > After looking at the cost of hardware to do this I just stuck with the
    > voice-mail that is included with my Globalinx phone account and wired the
    > adapter into our in-house wiring. The included voice-mail works from all
    > the phones connected through the adapter anyway.

    I was using sunrocket for voip and they went under. The group that took
    over the equipment and service appears to have disconnected the VM portion
    of it for some reason. I only signed with them because it was easy and I
    had just had my number transferred to sunrocket 9 days earlier.:-( I
    really don't need the VM as I've got a digital answering system, but I was
    curious about this. I don't think it's really feasable now that I've
    looked into it a bit. Much more than I'd want to do. I was hoping for an
    easy software only solution but that doesn't look likely. Thanks anyway.

+ Reply to Thread