sound driver - Mandriva

This is a discussion on sound driver - Mandriva ; Hi, i use MDV spring but i have no sound. i try others distributions and i have sound with Kubuntu. is it possible to copy the sound driver from kubuntu to MDV and if yes where i can find this ...

  1. sound driver

    Hi,

    i use MDV spring but i have no sound. i try others distributions and i have
    sound with Kubuntu. is it possible to copy the sound driver from kubuntu to
    MDV and if yes where i can find this driver

    Thanks in advance

    ALEX

  2. Re: sound driver

    Clara wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > i use MDV spring but i have no sound.

    Check the mixer settings. It was commonplace for the settings to be zeroed,
    so the speakers wouldn't get a jolt when the system came back online.

    > i try others distributions and i have sound with Kubuntu. is it possible
    > to copy the sound driver from kubuntu to MDV and if yes where i can find
    > this driver

    Er... no. Or, I'd say "no", as *ubuntu is Debian-based, and MDV is
    Redhate-based... and the two don't mix without a struggle.

    --
    Weblog - http://inbothworlds.wordpress.com/
    R.L.U. #300033 - MDV 2006 - KDE 3.4

  3. Re: sound driver

    Dave wrote:

    > Clara wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> i use MDV spring but i have no sound.

    > Check the mixer settings. It was commonplace for the settings to be
    > zeroed, so the speakers wouldn't get a jolt when the system came back
    > online.

    thanks for the answer, but i tried to modify the mixer settings and nothing
    change

    >> i try others distributions and i have sound with Kubuntu. is it possible
    >> to copy the sound driver from kubuntu to MDV and if yes where i can find
    >> this driver

    > Er... no. Or, I'd say "no", as *ubuntu is Debian-based, and MDV is
    > Redhate-based... and the two don't mix without a struggle.

  4. Re: sound driver

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:02:06 -0400, Clara wrote:

    > thanks for the answer, but i tried to modify the mixer settings and nothing
    > change

    In the mixer window, experiment with the Channel Mode, on the Switches tab.
    With my VIA 8237, I have to select 4ch mode, even though there are only
    two speakers.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins