gnucash and software management - Mandriva

This is a discussion on gnucash and software management - Mandriva ; Running 2007 spring. I have auto check updates enabled, and regularly install all patches offered. I notice that gnucash has not been updated perhaps since my initial installation. Control Center Software Management lists the current version as 2.0.5, and does ...

  1. gnucash and software management

    Running 2007 spring. I have auto check updates enabled, and regularly
    install all patches offered.

    I notice that gnucash has not been updated perhaps since my initial
    installation. Control Center Software Management lists the current
    version as 2.0.5, and does not indicate any more recent versions available.

    However, on the http://gnucash.org web site, they list 7 releases later
    than 2.0.5 over a period of 5 months. Why does Software Management not
    have anything more recent?

    This then leads to a few more general questions.
    1) Should I download from sourceforge.net to get a more current version?
    2) Where do I find man pages or other instructions that explain
    installation of packages from source such that they are properly
    included into the Software Management tool?
    3) Does the same process for 2) also apply to "foreign rpms", e.g., rpm
    files that I download from other sites?

    Thanks,

    Jim

  2. Re: gnucash and software management

    On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:17:01 -0400, JimR wrote:

    > I notice that gnucash has not been updated perhaps since my initial
    > installation. Control Center Software Management lists the current
    > version as 2.0.5, and does not indicate any more recent versions available.
    >
    > However, on the http://gnucash.org web site, they list 7 releases later
    > than 2.0.5 over a period of 5 months. Why does Software Management not
    > have anything more recent?

    I noticed that awhile back. After looking through What's New in GnuCash 2.2.0?
    I was happy they did not spring in on us.

    I am hoping to test it in the 2008.0 release.

+ Reply to Thread