obex object push to my phone doesn't work - Mandriva

This is a discussion on obex object push to my phone doesn't work - Mandriva ; I can not send vcard 2.1 files to my phone I get errors on the phone when I send the file, it saies transfer failed. I was using kobesclient to send the files, is there an alternitive....

  1. obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    I can not send vcard 2.1 files to my phone I get errors on the phone
    when I send the file, it saies transfer failed.

    I was using kobesclient to send the files, is there an alternitive.

  2. Re: obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:47:19 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > I can not send vcard 2.1 files to my phone I get errors on the phone
    > when I send the file, it saies transfer failed.

    How are you connecting the phone? usb, bluetooth, etc.

    > I was using kobesclient to send the files, is there an alternitive.

    A search on kobesclient doesn't turn up anything.

    What version of Mandriva are you using?
    What is the exact name of the software you're using, and where
    did you get it?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:47:19 -0400, chris gareau wrote:
    >
    >> I can not send vcard 2.1 files to my phone I get errors on the phone
    >> when I send the file, it saies transfer failed.

    > How are you connecting the phone? usb, bluetooth, etc.

    bluetooth

    >> I was using kobesclient to send the files, is there an alternitive.

    > A search on kobesclient doesn't turn up anything.

    sorry typeow

    kbtobexclient

    > What version of Mandriva are you using?
    > What is the exact name of the software you're using, and where
    > did you get it?

    2007 spring

    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    I can access the phones filesystem with bitpim but all the rest of the
    goodies don't work.

    the manule saies that it is posible to send vcard 2.1 files to the phone
    to add contacts but it doesn't work.

    the phone is an lg 245 telus mobility

  4. Re: obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:48:08 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >> How are you connecting the phone? usb, bluetooth, etc.

    > bluetooth
    >>
    >> A search on kobesclient doesn't turn up anything.

    > kbtobexclient

    Ok, that's part of the package kdebluetooth.

    >> What version of Mandriva are you using?

    > 2007 spring

    > I can access the phones filesystem with bitpim but all the rest of the
    > goodies don't work.
    > the manule saies that it is posible to send vcard 2.1 files to the phone
    > to add contacts but it doesn't work.
    > the phone is an lg 245 telus mobility

    In kaddressbook, under the file menu, it has the option to export vcards in
    either format 2.1, or 3.0, as well as direct to the phone. I suspect the
    vcards kbtobexclient is currently trying to sync, are all 3.0. Try
    using kaddressbook to export your addresses to a new directory, in the 2.1 format,
    and see if kbtobexclient can then sync them. If that fails, try the kaddressbook
    export to mobile phone feature.

    As I don't have any bluetooth devices, that's about all I can suggest.
    Google shows lots of people having trouble, but no clear answers on
    solutions.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  5. Re: obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:48:08 -0400, chris gareau wrote:
    >

    >> David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >>> How are you connecting the phone? usb, bluetooth, etc.

    >> bluetooth
    >>> A search on kobesclient doesn't turn up anything.

    >> kbtobexclient

    > Ok, that's part of the package kdebluetooth.
    >
    >>> What version of Mandriva are you using?

    >> 2007 spring

    >> I can access the phones filesystem with bitpim but all the rest of the
    >> goodies don't work.
    >> the manule saies that it is posible to send vcard 2.1 files to the phone
    >> to add contacts but it doesn't work.
    >> the phone is an lg 245 telus mobility

    > In kaddressbook, under the file menu, it has the option to export vcards in
    > either format 2.1, or 3.0, as well as direct to the phone. I suspect the
    > vcards kbtobexclient is currently trying to sync, are all 3.0. Try
    > using kaddressbook to export your addresses to a new directory, in the 2.1 format,
    > and see if kbtobexclient can then sync them. If that fails, try the kaddressbook
    > export to mobile phone feature.
    >
    > As I don't have any bluetooth devices, that's about all I can suggest.
    > Google shows lots of people having trouble, but no clear answers on
    > solutions.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    I have tried vcard files in both 2.1 and 3.0 formats and I get the same
    error each time.

    btw: I tried sending the same files to the phone from a win2k vmware
    machine and had no problems, what could windows be dooing diferent??????

  6. Re: obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:48:08 -0400, chris gareau wrote:
    >

    >> David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >>> How are you connecting the phone? usb, bluetooth, etc.

    >> bluetooth
    >>> A search on kobesclient doesn't turn up anything.

    >> kbtobexclient

    > Ok, that's part of the package kdebluetooth.
    >
    >>> What version of Mandriva are you using?

    >> 2007 spring

    >> I can access the phones filesystem with bitpim but all the rest of the
    >> goodies don't work.
    >> the manule saies that it is posible to send vcard 2.1 files to the phone
    >> to add contacts but it doesn't work.
    >> the phone is an lg 245 telus mobility

    > In kaddressbook, under the file menu, it has the option to export vcards in
    > either format 2.1, or 3.0, as well as direct to the phone. I suspect the
    > vcards kbtobexclient is currently trying to sync, are all 3.0. Try
    > using kaddressbook to export your addresses to a new directory, in the 2.1 format,
    > and see if kbtobexclient can then sync them. If that fails, try the kaddressbook
    > export to mobile phone feature.
    >
    > As I don't have any bluetooth devices, that's about all I can suggest.
    > Google shows lots of people having trouble, but no clear answers on
    > solutions.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    forgot to mention that I got gnokii talking to the phone bit all I can
    get out of it is the battery level, so the export to moble phone doesn't
    work either.

  7. Re: obex object push to my phone doesn't work

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:33:00 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > David W. Hodgins wrote:

    >>> bluetooth
    >>> kbtobexclient

    >> Ok, that's part of the package kdebluetooth.

    >>> 2007 spring

    >>> I can access the phones filesystem with bitpim but all the rest of the
    >>> goodies don't work.
    >>> the manule saies that it is posible to send vcard 2.1 files to the phone
    >>> to add contacts but it doesn't work.
    >>> the phone is an lg 245 telus mobility

    >> In kaddressbook, under the file menu, it has the option to export vcards in
    >> either format 2.1, or 3.0, as well as direct to the phone. I suspect the
    >> vcards kbtobexclient is currently trying to sync, are all 3.0. Try
    >> using kaddressbook to export your addresses to a new directory, in the 2.1 format,
    >> and see if kbtobexclient can then sync them. If that fails, try the kaddressbook
    >> export to mobile phone feature.

    > I have tried vcard files in both 2.1 and 3.0 formats and I get the same
    > error each time.
    >
    > btw: I tried sending the same files to the phone from a win2k vmware
    > machine and had no problems, what could windows be dooing diferent??????

    I have no experience with bluetooth, and google doesn't show anything
    obvious, so hopefully someone else here can help you.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins