DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro - Mandriva

This is a discussion on DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro - Mandriva ; Anybody getting it to work? What steps to arrange dependencies, which seem particularly confused and unco-operative. Which distro version, etc. Thanks in advance....

  1. DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    Anybody getting it to work? What steps to arrange dependencies, which
    seem particularly confused and unco-operative. Which distro version, etc.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    famous wrote:

    > Anybody getting it to work? What steps to arrange dependencies, which
    > seem particularly confused and unco-operative. Which distro version, etc.
    > Thanks in advance.

    I couldn't get it to compile under Mandriva a while back. The site had a
    procedure for Ubuntu. and apparently the dependencies were available, but
    not selected automatically as they should have been, and that is Debian's
    strength (urpmi is just as good.) I would suggest that you wait until a
    Mandriva RPM becomes available.

    Doug.
    --
    I am a man; I consider nothing pertaining to mankind as foreign to my
    nature.

  3. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > strength (urpmi is just as good.) I would suggest that you wait until a
    > Mandriva RPM becomes available.

    exactly now added to cooker ;-)
    but not working for me :-(

    --
    Affetto da priapismo cerca impiego come carrello elevatore.
    -- Da it.hobby.umorismo

  4. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    nero wrote:
    > Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >
    >> strength (urpmi is just as good.) I would suggest that you wait until a
    >> Mandriva RPM becomes available.

    > exactly now added to cooker ;-)
    > but not working for me :-(

    Thankyou thats wonderful! I will check cooker for it. (And I will
    report back with whatever I find.

  5. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    nero wrote:
    > Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >
    >> strength (urpmi is just as good.) I would suggest that you wait until a
    >> Mandriva RPM becomes available.

    > exactly now added to cooker ;-)
    > but not working for me :-(

    Ahhh not finding it in mandriva repositories.... I've used searxh on
    Club and tried looking in both cooker lists, I dont find the listiing
    in any.
    Perhaps its in a non-standard mirror or throught a user list?

    Could you list the cooker mirror?

  6. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    > Thankyou thats wonderful! I will check cooker for it. (And I will
    > report back with whatever I find.

    now there's a new version that works.

    it's miro-0.9.8-4mdv2008.0 on cooker contrib.

    --
    "Non sbaglio dal 1961, quando pensai di avere fatto un errore."
    -- Bob Hudson

  7. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    nero wrote:
    >> Thankyou thats wonderful! I will check cooker for it. (And I will
    >> report back with whatever I find.

    > now there's a new version that works.
    >
    > it's miro-0.9.8-4mdv2008.0 on cooker contrib.

    Yippee thank you very much I downloaded the file and installed it. I
    dont use cooker mirrors, too many years of rer-installing and
    repairing. But single files, and all deps handled locally is a perfect
    solution.

    Thank you again

  8. Re: DemocracyPlayer -- Now Miro

    famous wrote:
    > nero wrote:
    >>> Thankyou thats wonderful! I will check cooker for it. (And I will
    >>> report back with whatever I find.

    >> now there's a new version that works.
    >>
    >> it's miro-0.9.8-4mdv2008.0 on cooker contrib.
    >>

    > Yippee thank you very much I downloaded the file and installed it. I
    > dont use cooker mirrors, too many years of rer-installing and
    > repairing. But single files, and all deps handled locally is a perfect
    > solution.
    >
    > Thank you again

    I installed it- it runs fine, it works and I'm very pleased.

    Im so pleased in fact I urge you to get it and use it -- lots of data,
    lots of video, news and high def channels to choose from. Go Miro!

+ Reply to Thread