I'm running 2007.1 Spring powerpack on a Sempron 3000 with 512mb RAM. 2 x
IDE drives of 320gig and 250gig.

I have a IEEE/USB card which works with the above camera after a fresh
reboot, switch on the camera after starting Kino and it works well, AV
controls work to control the camera, video capture is fine.

However, if I switch off the camera or unplug the cable for any reason,
Kino won't recognise it again (after switching it back on) unless I
reboot the machine. Not a major problem I know, but annoying all the same.

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to get the system to
recognize the camera without having to reboot?

I'm not an absolute newbie, but very close to it. B-)