Mandriva 2007 Spring Free on CDs - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Mandriva 2007 Spring Free on CDs - Mandriva ; It's coming up fast on mid-July, and still no CD version of Mandriva 2007 Spring Free. Despite promises posted on the Internet, I'm now convinced it just ain't gonna happen. So what about Mandriva 2008? Will it be the same ...

  1. Mandriva 2007 Spring Free on CDs

    It's coming up fast on mid-July, and still no CD version of Mandriva
    2007 Spring Free. Despite promises posted on the Internet, I'm now
    convinced it just ain't gonna happen.

    So what about Mandriva 2008? Will it be the same story? If so, it means
    forcing people to upgrade hardware, or go somewhere else.

    How Microsoft-like.

    TJ

  2. Re: Mandriva 2007 Spring Free on CDs

    TJ wrote:
    > It's coming up fast on mid-July, and still no CD version of Mandriva
    > 2007 Spring Free. Despite promises posted on the Internet, I'm now
    > convinced it just ain't gonna happen.
    >
    > So what about Mandriva 2008? Will it be the same story? If so, it means
    > forcing people to upgrade hardware, or go somewhere else.
    >
    > How Microsoft-like.
    >
    > TJ

    The DVD version has the CD version on it as a subset, does it not?

    Donald

  3. Re: Mandriva 2007 Spring Free on CDs

    TJ wrote:

    > It's coming up fast on mid-July, and still no CD version of Mandriva
    > 2007 Spring Free. Despite promises posted on the Internet, I'm now
    > convinced it just ain't gonna happen.
    >
    > So what about Mandriva 2008? Will it be the same story? If so, it means
    > forcing people to upgrade hardware, or go somewhere else.

    So you're using the free version of Mandriva, posting from a free USENET server
    and don't want to spend 30 bucks to add a DVD-ROM???

    What a cheap-ass

  4. Re: Mandriva 2007 Spring Free on CDs

    s.cargo wrote:
    > TJ wrote:
    >
    >> It's coming up fast on mid-July, and still no CD version of Mandriva
    >> 2007 Spring Free. Despite promises posted on the Internet, I'm now
    >> convinced it just ain't gonna happen.
    >>
    >> So what about Mandriva 2008? Will it be the same story? If so, it means
    >> forcing people to upgrade hardware, or go somewhere else.

    > So you're using the free version of Mandriva, posting from a free USENET server
    > and don't want to spend 30 bucks to add a DVD-ROM???
    >
    > What a cheap-ass

    At least he is not trying to do it from a floppy ...

    Donald

+ Reply to Thread