2007.1 kmenu peculiarities - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2007.1 kmenu peculiarities - Mandriva ; Hello all, I've just upgraded from 2006.0 to 2007.1 and I'm really happy with all the new toys to keep me happy. However, it appears that the upgrade didn't manage to migrate my menu settings correctly. So to make things ...

  1. 2007.1 kmenu peculiarities

    Hello all,

    I've just upgraded from 2006.0 to 2007.1 and I'm really happy with all the
    new toys to keep me happy. However, it appears that the upgrade didn't
    manage to migrate my menu settings correctly.

    So to make things easier, I set myself to use the "Mandriva menu" in mcc
    moved my .kde directory to a different place then logged back in. This
    solved most of my problems but I'm still noticing errors such as the
    entire "Internet" category missing, even after running 'update-menus' from
    a shell. However, a new user I created has no such troubles so I'm guessing
    I've missed a .file somewhere.

    Any suggestions?

    James.
    PS: And reminding me where to switch off smooth scrolling in Konqueror would
    be good too. :-)

  2. Re: 2007.1 kmenu peculiarities

    James Coates wrote:

    For future reference:

    > However, a new user I created has no such troubles so I'm guessing I've
    > missed a .file somewhere.

    Removing ~/.config did the trick.

    > PS: And reminding me where to switch off smooth scrolling in Konqueror
    > would be good too. :-)

    Adding "SmoothScrolling=false" to the [KDE] section of
    ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals sorted this out too.

  3. Re: 2007.1 kmenu peculiarities

    James Coates wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I've just upgraded from 2006.0 to 2007.1 and I'm really happy with all the
    > new toys to keep me happy. However, it appears that the upgrade didn't
    > manage to migrate my menu settings correctly.
    >
    > So to make things easier, I set myself to use the "Mandriva menu" in mcc
    > moved my .kde directory to a different place then logged back in. This
    > solved most of my problems but I'm still noticing errors such as the
    > entire "Internet" category missing, even after running 'update-menus' from
    > a shell. However, a new user I created has no such troubles so I'm guessing
    > I've missed a .file somewhere.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > James.
    > PS: And reminding me where to switch off smooth scrolling in Konqueror would
    > be good too. :-)

    Ok I'm confused -but thats happened before.

    I vivisted the site to find this subject this very one

    "such as the
    > entire "Internet" category missing, "

    because you see my menu items disappear too. If i choose to open from
    the menu any item, from the sub-menu system or from the most used
    section, then the top category "office" will disappear, and if zI use
    it again, then next one down goes. And so on. I bring them back
    temporarily but by making any change in panel config and saving. But
    its annoying.
    I had hoped for a solution, as I also use 2007.1 all updates, but alas
    renaming .cofig didnt do anything.

    Aand running 'update-menus' didnt do anything either.

    So what am I doing wrong?

    waiting patiently, enjoying my OS

+ Reply to Thread