Apache and DST - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Apache and DST - Mandriva ; I'm running an apache 2.2 webserver under Mandriva 2007.1 and can't get it to adjust for DST. My system displays the correct time but all my webpage timestamps, forum posts etc. are an hour out (I'm in the UK). I've ...

  1. Apache and DST

    I'm running an apache 2.2 webserver under Mandriva 2007.1 and can't get it
    to adjust for DST. My system displays the correct time but all my webpage
    timestamps, forum posts etc. are an hour out (I'm in the UK).

    I've got the timezone package installed.

    Any ideas please?
    --
    Regards,

    Bob

  2. Re: Apache and DST

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:26:17 -0400, Bob Mortimer wrote:

    > I'm running an apache 2.2 webserver under Mandriva 2007.1 and can't get it
    > to adjust for DST. My system displays the correct time but all my webpage
    > timestamps, forum posts etc. are an hour out (I'm in the UK).
    > I've got the timezone package installed.

    I'm no expert, but doesn't apache default to using utc? See
    http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...3-6016329.html for
    a description of converting times to localtimes, in javascript.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Apache and DST

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:26:17 -0400, Bob Mortimer
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I'm running an apache 2.2 webserver under Mandriva 2007.1 and can't get
    >> it to adjust for DST. My system displays the correct time but all my
    >> webpage timestamps, forum posts etc. are an hour out (I'm in the UK).
    >> I've got the timezone package installed.

    > I'm no expert, but doesn't apache default to using utc? See
    > http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...3-6016329.html for
    > a description of converting times to localtimes, in javascript.

    OP may also want to check if BIOS clock is set to UTC or local time, and
    that the OS has the correct info.

    cat /etc/sysconfig/clock

    will show what the OS has.

    Jim

  4. Re: Apache and DST

    James Kerr wrote:

    > OP may also want to check if BIOS clock is set to UTC or local time, and
    > that the OS has the correct info.

    Yes, BIOS is set to UTC. Mandriva displays the correct time however (BST in
    my case).

    > cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
    >
    > will show what the OS has.

    cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
    UTC=true
    ARC=false
    ZONE=Europe/London

    I thought there'd be something in the apache config to correct but can't
    find anything and no clues in the apache documentation or Googling.

    So would changing UTC=true to false sort this?
    What does the ARC=false bit do?

    --
    Regards,

    Bob

  5. Re: Apache and DST

    On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:13:40 -0400, Bob Mortimer wrote:

    > So would changing UTC=true to false sort this?

    I don't know how to get apache to display localtime, intstead of utc, but

    > What does the ARC=false bit do?

    From /usr/share/doc/initscripts-8.51/sysconfig.txt ...

    ARC=true on alpha only indicates the ARC console's
    42-year time offset is in effect; otherwise the normal
    Unix epoch is assumed.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins