2007.1 Spring - hal stops at boot - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2007.1 Spring - hal stops at boot - Mandriva ; After the latest updates for Spring "hal" would not start at boot. The "grep" command tells me something about a missing directory. udev status is fine dbus-daemon is stopped, although I am in safe mode at the moment. I know ...

  1. 2007.1 Spring - hal stops at boot

    After the latest updates for Spring "hal" would not start at boot. The
    "grep" command tells me something about a missing directory.

    udev status is fine

    dbus-daemon is stopped, although I am in safe mode at the moment.

    I know very little about configuring this. Can someone out there help me.

    Thanks,
    Peter

  2. Re: 2007.1 Spring - hal stops at boot

    On 2007-07-05, Peter Perkins wrote:
    > The "grep" command tells me something about a missing directory.

    Hmmm. *rubs chin*

    Lordy

  3. Re: 2007.1 Spring - hal stops at boot

    In article <468cac71@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, Peter Perkins wrote:
    > After the latest updates for Spring "hal" would not start at boot. The
    > "grep" command tells me something about a missing directory.
    >
    > udev status is fine
    >
    > dbus-daemon is stopped, although I am in safe mode at the moment.
    >

    > I know very little about configuring this. Can someone out there help me.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Peter

    I have the same problem; as I watch the boot messages go by, "Starting HAL"
    alwasys fails. When I start it manually later, using the init script, it runs
    for a minute or two, then exits. And, like you, udev is okay and dbus is
    running. 2007.1 is the only distro on which I've seen this problem. My other
    systems(Mdk LE 2005, Mdv 2007.0 and OpenSUSE 10.2) start HAL at boot with no
    problems whatever.

    W.

+ Reply to Thread