rt61 chipset controller in mandriva - Mandriva

This is a discussion on rt61 chipset controller in mandriva - Mandriva ; Is there any mandriva controller for the rt61 chipset for wireless cards?. the reason of this question is because I installed the rt61.ko and the card is working properly but wifi manager and another KDE tools are not able to ...

  1. rt61 chipset controller in mandriva

    Is there any mandriva controller for the rt61 chipset for wireless
    cards?. the reason of this question is because I installed the rt61.ko
    and the card is working properly but wifi manager and another KDE tools
    are not able to configure the card unless I do it manually on the card's
    configuration file (rt61sta.dat).

  2. Re: rt61 chipset controller in mandriva

    "Mauricio Sanchez" wrote in message
    news:468c49a1$0$1339$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere. com...
    > Is there any mandriva controller for the rt61 chipset for wireless cards?.
    > the reason of this question is because I installed the rt61.ko and the
    > card is working properly but wifi manager and another KDE tools are not
    > able to configure the card unless I do it manually on the card's
    > configuration file (rt61sta.dat).

    How did you install the driver module? from source?

    What Mandriva distribution ?

    On newer distributions/kernels the module is already available in the
    kernel.

    If you are running Mandriva free editions then you need to download the
    firmware source and install via the instructions or obtain the firmware code
    via an rpm available on the PLF sources. From source code then you need to
    run the dos2unix utility as it says otherwise you keep re-entering the
    information after every reboot. The RPM doesn't need anything except
    installing.

    You can then configure the connection through the network settings within
    mcc/ Configure your Computer

    Add a new network device, wireless, it should offer you Ra0. Enter relevant
    information in the spaces provided and that's it you are configured.

    Now on 6 computers here running multiboot systems with Mandriva 2007.1
    utilising Edimax cards from scan computers here in the UK.

    If they don't come up with an IP address after a cold boot then check to
    make sure you have IPV6 disabled if you are on an IPV4 only router.

    Andrew Ed

  3. Re: rt61 chipset controller in mandriva

    Mauricio Sanchez wrote:
    > Is there any mandriva controller for the rt61 chipset for wireless
    > cards?. the reason of this question is because I installed the rt61.ko
    > and the card is working properly but wifi manager and another KDE tools
    > are not able to configure the card unless I do it manually on the card's
    > configuration file (rt61sta.dat).

    Mandriva 2007.1 failed to configure this automatically for me. I've
    stayed with manual configuration.

    I bought a rt61 based PC card because they were linux compatible, but
    Ralink don't seem to make it easy! In fact, the Ralink drivers failed to
    work at all on my laptop until the most recent revision (1.1.0.0) was
    released.

    Mark Atherton

+ Reply to Thread