Azureus & mdk 2007 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Azureus & mdk 2007 - Mandriva ; Hi- I loaded Azureus 2.0.0-1.3mdv2007 and recieved this saddening message: /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Could not find bcprov-jdk14 Java extension for this JVM /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Some specified jars were not found changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (United States). Searching without country.. changeLocale: ...

  1. Azureus & mdk 2007

    Hi-
    I loaded Azureus 2.0.0-1.3mdv2007 and recieved this saddening message:

    /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Could not find bcprov-jdk14 Java
    extension for this JVM
    /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Some specified jars were not found
    changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (United States). Searching
    without country..
    changeLocale: Searching for language English in *any* country..
    changeLocale: no message properties for Locale 'English (United States)'
    (en_US), using 'English (default)'
    org/bouncycastle/jce/spec/ECParameterSpec
    at
    com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.impl.CryptoManag erImpl.(CryptoManagerImpl.java:75)
    at
    com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.impl.CryptoManag erImpl.getSingleton(CryptoManagerImpl.java:60)
    at
    com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.CryptoManagerFac tory.getSingleton(CryptoManagerFactory.java:33)
    at
    com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.(AzureusCoreImpl.java:155)
    at
    com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.crea te(AzureusCoreImpl.java:92)
    at
    com.aelitis.azureus.core.AzureusCoreFactory.create (AzureusCoreFactory.java:46)
    at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.(Main.java:143)
    at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:162)
    Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I am running java 5.0 yet
    the files that loaded with azureus were loaded with 1.4.2 java packages.
    The bouncy package is on the hard drive also.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Azureus & mdk 2007

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:55:49 +0000, Baldeagle wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I am running java 5.0 yet
    > the files that loaded with azureus were loaded with 1.4.2 java packages.
    > The bouncy package is on the hard drive also. Thanks

    Both your Java and Azureus are seriously out of date and I think that's
    what the problem is. Current Java is 1.6.0_01 and current Azureus is
    3.0.1.6. Get Azureus from azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php. (2.5 is
    the last known stable release; you can upgrade to 3.0 by following the
    instructions in its package.)

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630N 117.754195W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

  3. Re: Azureus & mdk 2007

    "Baldeagle" wrote in message
    > Hi-
    > I loaded Azureus 2.0.0-1.3mdv2007 and recieved this saddening message:
    >
    > /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Could not find bcprov-jdk14 Java
    > extension for this JVM
    > /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Some specified jars were not found
    > changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (United States). Searching
    > without country..
    > changeLocale: Searching for language English in *any* country..
    > changeLocale: no message properties for Locale 'English (United States)'
    > (en_US), using 'English (default)'
    > org/bouncycastle/jce/spec/ECParameterSpec
    > at
    > com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.impl.CryptoManag erImpl.(CryptoManagerImpl.java:75)
    > at
    > com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.impl.CryptoManag erImpl.getSingleton(CryptoManagerImpl.java:60)
    > at
    > com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.CryptoManagerFac tory.getSingleton(CryptoManagerFactory.java:33)
    > at
    > com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.(AzureusCoreImpl.java:155)
    > at
    > com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.crea te(AzureusCoreImpl.java:92)
    > at
    > com.aelitis.azureus.core.AzureusCoreFactory.create (AzureusCoreFactory.java:46)
    > at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.(Main.java:143)
    > at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:162)
    > Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I am running java 5.0 yet
    > the files that loaded with azureus were loaded with 1.4.2 java packages.
    > The bouncy package is on the hard drive also.
    > Thanks

    http://forum.club.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=67930

    See Adam Williamson's post there............

  4. Re: Azureus & mdk 2007

    Baldeagle wrote:

    > Hi-
    > I loaded Azureus 2.0.0-1.3mdv2007 and recieved this saddening message:
    >
    > /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Could not find bcprov-jdk14 Java
    > extension for this JVM
    > /usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Some specified jars were not found
    > changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (United States). Searching
    > without country..
    > changeLocale: Searching for language English in *any* country..
    > changeLocale: no message properties for Locale 'English (United States)'
    > (en_US), using 'English (default)'
    > org/bouncycastle/jce/spec/ECParameterSpec
    > at

    com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.impl.CryptoManag erImpl.(CryptoManagerImpl.java:75)
    > at

    com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.impl.CryptoManag erImpl.getSingleton(CryptoManagerImpl.java:60)
    > at

    com.aelitis.azureus.core.security.CryptoManagerFac tory.getSingleton(CryptoManagerFactory.java:33)
    > at

    com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.(AzureusCoreImpl.java:155)
    > at

    com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.crea te(AzureusCoreImpl.java:92)
    > at

    com.aelitis.azureus.core.AzureusCoreFactory.create (AzureusCoreFactory.java:46)
    > at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.(Main.java:143)
    > at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:162)
    > Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I am running java 5.0 yet
    > the files that loaded with azureus were loaded with 1.4.2 java packages.
    > The bouncy package is on the hard drive also.
    > Thanks

    Azureus is very fussy about its Java environment. There is a bit about it
    on the Mandriva Club forum where even the moderator, Alan Williamson, who
    is responsible for distro announcements, etc., says that he doesn't use the
    so called "free" Java, but gets his from Sun (some recommendation.) It
    seems that of the several Java packages in the 2007.1 list, many are
    stripped down versions, but the descriptions are all identical. I use an
    RPM from Sun and the Azureus tarball from Sourceforge, and I have no
    problems.

    If you have two versions of Java present, make sure that the 5.0 is the
    version being called. I have this in my .bash_profile:

    # User specific environment and startup programs

    JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_02
    PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin

    export JAVA_HOME PATH
    unset USERNAME

    Check that these paths are correct in your situation.

    HTH,

    Doug.
    --
    History is philosophy derived from examples.
    - Dionysius of Halicarnassus, 1st c. B.C.

+ Reply to Thread