OT Firefox table rendering... - Mandriva

This is a discussion on OT Firefox table rendering... - Mandriva ; Anyone know any firefox about :config magic to speed up rendering of the following page http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3 I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower. Is this ...

  1. OT Firefox table rendering...

    Anyone know any firefox about:config magic to speed up rendering of the
    following page

    http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3

    I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's
    almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower.

    Is this the same for all firefox users, or do some see it rendered
    quickly?

    Google 'progressive table rendering' for more!

    Lordy

  2. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    lordy wrote:
    > Anyone know any firefox about:config magic to speed up rendering of the
    > following page
    >
    > http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3
    >
    > I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's
    > almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower.
    >
    > Is this the same for all firefox users, or do some see it rendered
    > quickly?

    Six or seven seconds here with Firefox. Three times as long with Opera
    and Kongueror.

    Might want to take this to alt.htm. See you there...

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    lordy wrote:
    > Anyone know any firefox about:config magic to speed up rendering of the
    > following page
    >
    > http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3
    >
    > I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's
    > almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower.
    >
    > Is this the same for all firefox users, or do some see it rendered
    > quickly?
    >
    > Google 'progressive table rendering' for more!
    >
    > Lordy

    have you looked for this? set it to true (ie it disables ipv6 when
    true) it sped me up when i found the hint

    network.dns.disableIPv6

  4. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    lordy wrote:
    > Anyone know any firefox about:config magic to speed up rendering of the
    > following page
    >
    > http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3
    >
    > I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's
    > almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower.

    Virtually instantaneous for Firefox (past in the URL, hit return,]
    the page is there), a small fraction of a second delay for Epiphany.
    Did not bother with Konqueror.

    Of course, I do have 5 Mb/s fiber to the home, and an
    nForce 410 motherboard with two dualcore AMD-64 5000+
    cpus plus nVidia 7300 video card waiting...

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  5. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    Jim Beard writes:

    > lordy wrote:
    >> Anyone know any firefox about:config magic to speed up rendering of the
    >> following page
    >> http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3
    >> I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's
    >> almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower.

    > Virtually instantaneous for Firefox (past in the URL, hit return,]
    > the page is there), a small fraction of a second delay for Epiphany.
    > Did not bother with Konqueror.
    >
    > Of course, I do have 5 Mb/s fiber to the home, and an
    > nForce 410 motherboard with two dualcore AMD-64 5000+
    > cpus plus nVidia 7300 video card waiting...

    Hmm, pretty nice.
    I'm on Comcast cable, if FIOS ever shows up I'd switch in a minute.
    Dual AMD 64 3800 and nv 7300. Page displayed in less than
    a second with Seamonkey.

  6. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    On 2007-07-02, lordy wrote:
    > Anyone know any firefox about:config magic to speed up rendering of the
    > following page
    >
    > http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=&C=3
    >
    > I have all pipelining enabled, but in both Konqueror and Opera it's
    > almost instant, but Firefox seems to render it much slower.

    Duh! My bad, it only renders slowly if you are logged in, due to
    displaying new message counts! I was logged in with firefox but not the others.

    But I've since moved over to Konqueror for most stuff, now that I've got
    DNS based adblocking set up.

    Lordy

  7. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    lordy wrote:

    > Duh! My bad, it only renders slowly if you are logged in, due to
    > displaying new message counts! I was logged in with firefox but not the
    > others.
    >
    > But I've since moved over to Konqueror for most stuff, now that I've got
    > DNS based adblocking set up.
    >
    > Lordy

    One thing I noticed with firefox, is that it entices you to use it. You then
    become dependant on its features, it then becomes more and more unreliable.

    Opera 9.10 gets my vote.

    --
    Weblog - http://inbothworlds.wordpress.com/
    R.L.U. #300033 - MDV 2006 - KDE 3.4

  8. Re: OT Firefox table rendering...

    On 2007-07-17, Dave wrote:
    > lordy wrote:
    >
    >> Duh! My bad, it only renders slowly if you are logged in, due to
    >> displaying new message counts! I was logged in with firefox but not the
    >> others.
    >>
    >> But I've since moved over to Konqueror for most stuff, now that I've got
    >> DNS based adblocking set up.
    >>
    >> Lordy

    > One thing I noticed with firefox, is that it entices you to use it. You then
    > become dependant on its features, it then becomes more and more unreliable.
    >
    > Opera 9.10 gets my vote.

    Opera crashes too often on my system. I'm quite happy with Konqueror
    except one or two sites I need to go back to firefox for. Similart with
    Opera (eg PCWorld.co.uk the list of chosen items doesnt update when you
    change a filter).

    Lordy

+ Reply to Thread