Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install - Mandriva ; Id love to know i am having trouble since the last set of updates gtk.2 i think but beside the matter thx...

  1. Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install

    Id love to know

    i am having trouble since the last set of updates

    gtk.2 i think but beside the matter
    thx

  2. Re: Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install

    famous wrote:

    > Id love to know
    >
    > i am having trouble since the last set of updates
    >
    > gtk.2 i think but beside the matter
    > thx

    If you mean downgrading software, the Smart package manager allows you to go
    back to earlier versions.

    --
    Nothing's Too Sacred - http://scott2096.blogspot.com/
    Soar Like An Eagle - http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/seaeagle/

  3. Re: Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install

    famous writes:

    rpm --force

    >Id love to know

    What?

    >i am having trouble since the last set of updates

    What problems?

    >gtk.2 i think but beside the matter

    ??

    >thx

  4. Re: Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install

    famous wrote:
    > Id love to know

    Please don't use the Subject line as the first part of the body of
    your message.

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/netscape/usenet.html#4

  5. Re: Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install

    Sea Eagle wrote:
    > famous wrote:
    >
    >> Id love to know
    >>
    >> i am having trouble since the last set of updates
    >>
    >> gtk.2 i think but beside the matter
    >> thx

    > If you mean downgrading software, the Smart package manager allows you to go
    > back to earlier versions.

    thanks tons but i assumed that smart would only do that if id set it up
    as the only installer, and used it for only those things installed by it.

    I will look into its FAQ and help files thank you again

  6. Re: Is there a an easy way to downgrade or must i re-install

    famous a écrit :
    > Id love to know
    >
    > i am having trouble since the last set of updates
    >
    > gtk.2 i think but beside the matter
    > thx

    Maybe identify the problems that you are having?

    If you hare having problems with keyboard lockup or with repeated
    characters being typed in input windows, then try to do a Ctrl-Alt-F1
    followed by Ctrl-Alt-F7.

    If this fixes the problems, then you should keep track of this thread on
    the Mandriva forums.

    http://forum.club.mandriva.com/viewt...edacac654c93a9

    Marc

+ Reply to Thread