I cant use secondlife anymore - after update ( gtk 2 ?) - Mandriva

This is a discussion on I cant use secondlife anymore - after update ( gtk 2 ?) - Mandriva ; Any body else have this problem, I am completely up to date with updates - 2007.1 - updates empty but since the last one I get window creation error when i try to start secondlife. I am also having problems ...

  1. I cant use secondlife anymore - after update ( gtk 2 ?)

    Any body else have this problem,
    I am completely up to date with updates - 2007.1 - updates empty
    but since the last one I get window creation error when i try to start
    secondlife.

    I am also having problems with konq and the desktop crashing and the
    trash not emptying, but thats for another day.

    I assume because GTK 2 was in the last update this may be where the
    problem arose.
    '
    I would attempt to remove the GTK 2 update but it is difficult to
    recreate what was in the last update, and it is soemwaht time
    consuming, because mcc used to list installed software by date.

    It is also time consuming because of the number of other programs and
    files that have to be removed when the GTK 2 update is removed, which
    then require reinstall and the re-install of the correct (ie working)
    gtk 2

    if any one else has the error or has come up with a work around
    please post.

    thx in advance

  2. Re: I cant use secondlife anymore - after update ( gtk 2 ?)

    famous wrote:
    > Any body else have this problem,
    > I am completely up to date with updates - 2007.1 - updates empty
    > but since the last one I get window creation error when i try to start
    > secondlife.
    >
    > I am also having problems with konq and the desktop crashing and the
    > trash not emptying, but thats for another day.
    >
    > I assume because GTK 2 was in the last update this may be where the
    > problem arose.
    > '
    > I would attempt to remove the GTK 2 update but it is difficult to
    > recreate what was in the last update, and it is soemwaht time
    > consuming, because mcc used to list installed software by date.
    >
    > It is also time consuming because of the number of other programs and
    > files that have to be removed when the GTK 2 update is removed, which
    > then require reinstall and the re-install of the correct (ie working)
    > gtk 2
    >
    > if any one else has the error or has come up with a work around
    > please post.
    >

    > thx in advance

    grrr I uninstalled and reinstalled a lot but nothing helped until i
    re-setup my x server, that did the trick. I got a clue, finaly, by
    reading a faq on the secondlife site. although Im hahah getting pretty
    tired of secondlife.

+ Reply to Thread