tasks - Mandriva

This is a discussion on tasks - Mandriva ; how do i find out what tasks are running were do i controle it mandriva 2007. David...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: tasks

  1. tasks

    how do i find out what tasks are running were do i controle it
    mandriva 2007.

    David

  2. Re: tasks

    On 29 Jun 2007 17:22:02 +1200, David wrote:
    > how do i find out what tasks are running were do i controle it
    > mandriva 2007.


    If by tasks, you mean Services/Deamons, the Mandriva Control Center
    would be your gui interface, Configure Your Computer should get you there.

    Command line would be chkconfig.

    If you mean processes, then ps show running processes.
    You would use kill or pkill to controll them.

  3. Re: tasks

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:44:45 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On 29 Jun 2007 17:22:02 +1200, David wrote:
    >> how do i find out what tasks are running were do i controle it
    >> mandriva 2007.

    >
    > If by tasks, you mean Services/Deamons, the Mandriva Control Center
    > would be your gui interface, Configure Your Computer should get you there.
    >
    > Command line would be chkconfig.
    >
    > If you mean processes, then ps show running processes.
    > You would use kill or pkill to controll them.


    thanks agin.

  4. Re: tasks

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:53:22 +1200, David wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:44:45 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> On 29 Jun 2007 17:22:02 +1200, David wrote:
    >>> how do i find out what tasks are running were do i controle it
    >>> mandriva 2007.

    >>
    >> If by tasks, you mean Services/Deamons, the Mandriva Control Center
    >> would be your gui interface, Configure Your Computer should get you there.
    >>
    >> Command line would be chkconfig.
    >>
    >> If you mean processes, then ps show running processes.
    >> You would use kill or pkill to controll them.

    >
    > thanks agin.


    In KDE, the CTRL-Esc keyboard shortcut brings up the Process Table list.



    --


    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  5. Re: tasks

    Snowbat wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:53:22 +1200, David wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:44:45 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 29 Jun 2007 17:22:02 +1200, David wrote:
    >>>> how do i find out what tasks are running were do i controle it
    >>>> mandriva 2007.
    >>> If by tasks, you mean Services/Deamons, the Mandriva Control Center
    >>> would be your gui interface, Configure Your Computer should get you there.
    >>>
    >>> Command line would be chkconfig.
    >>>
    >>> If you mean processes, then ps show running processes.
    >>> You would use kill or pkill to controll them.

    >> thanks agin.

    >
    > In KDE, the CTRL-Esc keyboard shortcut brings up the Process Table list.
    >
    >
    >

    Now that's a handy one I didn't know about. Saves bringing up
    a terminal and all that 'ps -A' business... :-)

    Andy J.

+ Reply to Thread