urpmi error msg. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on urpmi error msg. - Mandriva ; I got this while trying to update my mandriva 2006 installation. Unable to add medium, errors reported: unable to parse hdlist file of "update_source" It's impossible to retrieve the list of new packages from the media `update_source'. Either this update ...

  1. urpmi error msg.

    I got this while trying to update my mandriva 2006 installation.

    Unable to add medium, errors reported:

    unable to parse hdlist file of "update_source"
    It's impossible to retrieve the list of new packages from the media
    `update_source'. Either this update media is misconfigured, and in this case
    you should use the Software Media Manager to remove it and re-add it in
    order
    to reconfigure it, either it is currently unreachable and you should retry
    later.

    I did a ....urpmi.removemedia -a ... and then I used this...

    urpmi.addmedia main
    http://mandrake.mirrors.pair.com/Man...586/media/main
    with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia contrib
    http://mandrake.mirrors.pair.com/Man.../media/contrib
    with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia --update plf-free
    rsync://mandriva.cointech.net/plf/mandriva/free/2006.0/i586 with hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia --update plf-nonfree
    rsync://mandriva.cointech.net/plf/mandriva/non-free/2006.0/i586 with
    hdlist.cz

    I tried different mirrors but I keep getting an error msg.
    about the update_source.
    Where am I going wrong here.
    Tia,Dale

  2. Re: urpmi error msg.

    On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:43:40 GMT, dale's news stuff wrote:
    > I got this while trying to update my mandriva 2006 installation.
    >
    > Unable to add medium, errors reported:
    >
    > unable to parse hdlist file of "update_source"
    >
    > I tried different mirrors but I keep getting an error msg.
    > about the update_source.

    I'll have to guess, you picked /devel/ since I could not connect to your
    mirror using
    http://mandrake.mirrors.pair.com/Man.../media/contrib

    I suggest you create a ~10 gig partition and do a clean install of
    2007.0 or 2007.1. but to answer your question.

    I'd recommend trying http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ for 2006.
    I was able to pick a mirror and verify media_info/hdlist.cz was there.

+ Reply to Thread