localhost - Mandriva

This is a discussion on localhost - Mandriva ; This is one of those chicken and egg questions. I have Windows 98 sitting over VMware server on Mandriva Spring 2007. In Windows, $HOME is mapped to drive G. From Windows it is seen as localhost. Whereas in Mandriva after ...

  1. localhost

    This is one of those chicken and egg questions. I have Windows 98 sitting
    over VMware server on Mandriva Spring 2007.

    In Windows, $HOME is mapped to drive G. From Windows it is seen as
    localhost. Whereas in Mandriva after running #hostname I have changed it
    to 'churchill'. Why can't I see it as churchill from Windows?

  2. Re: localhost

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > This is one of those chicken and egg questions. I have Windows 98 sitting
    > over VMware server on Mandriva Spring 2007.
    >
    > In Windows, $HOME is mapped to drive G. From Windows it is seen as
    > localhost. Whereas in Mandriva after running #hostname I have changed it
    > to 'churchill'. Why can't I see it as churchill from Windows?

    Try refreshing the network cache in windows. Windows is inherently stupid,
    and sees no need to rescan networks, once it's found everything it can see.

    --
    Weblog - http://inbothworlds.wordpress.com/
    R.L.U. #300033 - MDV 2006 - KDE 3.4

+ Reply to Thread