mail message - Mandriva

This is a discussion on mail message - Mandriva ; I am using Mandriva 2007, spring edition to run a mail server for my local network(Sendmail). Recently, I got the following message: Load is huge: 3.48 Via mail, from root@localhost. Where can I get additional information on what may be ...

  1. mail message

    I am using Mandriva 2007, spring edition to run a mail server for my
    local network(Sendmail).

    Recently, I got the following message:

    Load is huge: 3.48

    Via mail, from root@localhost.

    Where can I get additional information on what may be causing this, and
    what to do about it. I've done a google search with no luck, though
    that may be just my lack of knowing what to search for.

    Donald

  2. Re: mail message

    donald tees wrote:
    > I am using Mandriva 2007, spring edition to run a mail server for my
    > local network(Sendmail).
    >
    > Recently, I got the following message:
    >
    > Load is huge: 3.48
    >
    > Via mail, from root@localhost.
    >
    > Where can I get additional information on what may be causing this, and
    > what to do about it. I've done a google search with no luck, though
    > that may be just my lack of knowing what to search for.
    >
    > Donald

    You're being informed by a monitoring program that your load averages are big i.e., your processors
    are working overtime. Do top as root and find out what's eating all your processor cycles and fix it.

  3. Re: mail message

    the_bmac wrote:
    > donald tees wrote:
    >> I am using Mandriva 2007, spring edition to run a mail server for my
    >> local network(Sendmail).
    >>
    >> Recently, I got the following message:
    >>
    >> Load is huge: 3.48
    >>
    >> Via mail, from root@localhost.
    >>
    >> Where can I get additional information on what may be causing this,
    >> and what to do about it. I've done a google search with no luck,
    >> though that may be just my lack of knowing what to search for.
    >>
    >> Donald

    > You're being informed by a monitoring program that your load averages
    > are big i.e., your processors are working overtime. Do top as root and
    > find out what's eating all your processor cycles and fix it.

    Must have been a senior moment. For some reason, I thought it was the
    Mail system that was the problem. Once I realized it was a system
    message, I was able to use KSysGuard to nail it down to a hung urpmi,
    and kill it. Next to figure out why Urpmi hung.

    Donald

+ Reply to Thread