Remote assistance - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Remote assistance - Mandriva ; What is the equivalent to windows remote assistance with linux? Just exactly how you can see their desktop and configure their computer? I know i'm struggling a bit with my own but i'd still like to be able to do ...

  1. Remote assistance

    What is the equivalent to windows remote assistance with linux?
    Just exactly how you can see their desktop and configure their computer?
    I know i'm struggling a bit with my own but i'd still like to be able to do
    it.!! From Mandriva box to Ubuntu box if it makes any difference.

  2. Re: Remote assistance

    Mike Campbell wrote:
    > What is the equivalent to windows remote assistance with linux?
    > Just exactly how you can see their desktop and configure their computer?
    > I know i'm struggling a bit with my own but i'd still like to be able to do
    > it.!! From Mandriva box to Ubuntu box if it makes any difference.

    Not sure exactly what Remote Assist is but I'd guess something like
    SSH will be close, or you could try VNC (Virtual Network Connection).
    Try Google searching for either of these or try the manual pages
    (man ssh).

    Andy J.

  3. Re: Remote assistance

    Mike Campbell wrote:

    > What is the equivalent to windows remote assistance with linux?
    > Just exactly how you can see their desktop and configure their computer?
    > I know i'm struggling a bit with my own but i'd still like to be able to
    > do it.!! From Mandriva box to Ubuntu box if it makes any difference.

    I use TightVNC - it gives the remote desktop at your machine, and can easily
    be used to remotely fix another system. I use it to keep my Dad's machine
    behaving nicely!

    Chris

  4. Re: Remote assistance

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Mike Campbell wrote:
    >
    >> What is the equivalent to windows remote assistance with linux?
    >> Just exactly how you can see their desktop and configure their computer?
    >> I know i'm struggling a bit with my own but i'd still like to be able to
    >> do it.!! From Mandriva box to Ubuntu box if it makes any difference.

    > I use TightVNC - it gives the remote desktop at your machine, and can easily
    > be used to remotely fix another system. I use it to keep my Dad's machine
    > behaving nicely!
    >
    > Chris

    TightVNC works like a charm for me as well. It could do with a few more
    features, but it is good enough to do the job as it sits, IMO.

    Donald

  5. Re: Remote assistance

+ Reply to Thread