question on configuring kate - Mandriva

This is a discussion on question on configuring kate - Mandriva ; Hi, How do i configure kate so that its not trying to out think me all the time. for example, at the end of a line i hit enter key and it jumps down a line, matching the start of ...

  1. question on configuring kate

    Hi,
    How do i configure kate so that its not trying to out think me all the
    time. for example, at the end of a line i hit enter key and it jumps down a
    line, matching the start of the previous line(ok so far) but then it
    indents 2 spaces. If i then backspace twice and start typing again it STILL
    jumps ahead 2 spaces back to where it wanted to start the line.
    I have turned off every thing i can find that might even be remotely related
    to this behavior but it still does the same thing.
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: question on configuring kate

    Eric wrote:

    > Hi,
    > How do i configure kate so that its not trying to out think me all the
    > time. for example, at the end of a line i hit enter key and it jumps down
    > a line, matching the start of the previous line(ok so far) but then it
    > indents 2 spaces. If i then backspace twice and start typing again it
    > STILL jumps ahead 2 spaces back to where it wanted to start the line.
    > I have turned off every thing i can find that might even be remotely
    > related to this behavior but it still does the same thing.
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    It should wrap anyway. Sounds as though it thinks that you are starting a
    new paragraph. Maybe you need to set the formatting of your paragraphs to
    start them directly below. This may be in KDE Control Center, especially
    if KWrite does the same thing.

    Good luck.

    Doug.
    --