Starting a program at startup page 2. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Starting a program at startup page 2. - Mandriva ; Here is my progress. I have Logged into another computer using SSH. I have been able to start Konkoror from the client machine on the server. I have been able to start portable windows applications on the server. I have ...

  1. Starting a program at startup page 2.

    Here is my progress.

    I have Logged into another computer using SSH. I have been able to start
    Konkoror from the client machine on the server. I have been able to start
    portable windows applications on the server. I have not been able to start
    a VNCserver on the server. I have tried typing the command x0rfbdrake on
    the client machine. It looks like it is starting because it asks for a
    password however I still can not get a VNC connection between the 2
    machines.

    Again I am asking for the groups help.

    Klutzier than most

  2. Re: Starting a program at startup page 2.

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:25:29 -0400, Klutz the Clown wrote:

    > a VNCserver on the server. I have tried typing the command x0rfbdrake on
    > the client machine. It looks like it is starting because it asks for a
    > password however I still can not get a VNC connection between the 2
    > machines.

    Have you tried running rfbdrake, on the server, and on the client?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Starting a program at startup page 2.

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:33:06 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:25:29 -0400, Klutz the Clown wrote:
    >
    >> a VNCserver on the server. I have tried typing the command x0rfbdrake on
    >> the client machine. It looks like it is starting because it asks for a
    >> password however I still can not get a VNC connection between the 2
    >> machines.

    > Have you tried running rfbdrake, on the server, and on the client?
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Yes... I get the login screen that says to setup the server and then set
    a password. Everything looks good there. I then go to another desktop and
    open konsole and type rfbdrake, I then check the box for the client, enter
    the IP address and the password. I then get this message.

    Can't call method "log_stdout" on an undefined value at

    /usr/X11R6/bin/rfbdrake line 158, <> line 1.

    This tells me that line 158 has a problem but I do not know what to do
    from here.

    If I go to the first computer and start the server then go to the second
    machine and login with the client it works fine.

    One other thing. I an using the command ssh -Y. Could this be the problem?

  4. Re: Starting a program at startup page 2.

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:09:41 -0400, Klutz the Clown wrote:

    > Can't call method "log_stdout" on an undefined value at
    > /usr/X11R6/bin/rfbdrake line 158, <> line 1.

    Do you have the package perl-Expect installed?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  5. Re: Starting a program at startup page 2.

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:12:01 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:09:41 -0400, Klutz the Clown wrote:
    >
    >> Can't call method "log_stdout" on an undefined value at
    >> /usr/X11R6/bin/rfbdrake line 158, <> line 1.

    > Do you have the package perl-Expect installed?
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Yes.
    urpmi perl-Expect
    The package(s) are already installed