How to get Man Spring CD's - Mandriva

This is a discussion on How to get Man Spring CD's - Mandriva ; I look and only see a DVD offered. Is there anyway I can get Mandriva Spring on CD's?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to get Man Spring CD's

  1. How to get Man Spring CD's

    I look and only see a DVD offered. Is there anyway I can get Mandriva
    Spring on CD's?

  2. Re: How to get Man Spring CD's

    Baldeagle wrote:

    > I look and only see a DVD offered. Is there anyway I can get Mandriva
    > Spring on CD's?

    Yes they are on the repositories too. One CD for Gnome, one CD for KDE

  3. Re: How to get Man Spring CD's

    Tom Cumming wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:09:11 +0000, Baldeagle wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I look and only see a DVD offered. Is there anyway I can get Mandriva
    >>Spring on CD's?

    >
    >
    > We had a rather confusing thread about it a while back, instigated by me.
    > The long and short of it was at the moment, the only CD format is the
    > live CD, which is fine as long as you don't mind downloading anything
    > else you might miss, and the 4-CD set is on its way but not released yet.
    > Some people found they were able to "split" the DVD image into 4 CDs, but
    > I wasn't.


    (I think some people thought they were able to split the DVD image, but
    it turned out to be something else.)

  4. Re: How to get Man Spring CD's

    Tom Cumming wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:09:11 +0000, Baldeagle wrote:
    >
    >> I look and only see a DVD offered. Is there anyway I can get Mandriva
    >> Spring on CD's?

    >
    > We had a rather confusing thread about it a while back, instigated by me.
    > The long and short of it was at the moment, the only CD format is the
    > live CD, which is fine as long as you don't mind downloading anything
    > else you might miss, and the 4-CD set is on its way but not released yet.
    > Some people found they were able to "split" the DVD image into 4 CDs, but
    > I wasn't.

    Thanks Tom,
    I thought I remembered a notice and url to a small off beat anouncement
    from Mandriva Club about a cd issue and to wait till mid June but I was
    not sure.

  5. Re: How to get Man Spring CD's

    Baldeagle wrote:
    > Tom Cumming wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:09:11 +0000, Baldeagle wrote:
    >>
    >>> I look and only see a DVD offered. Is there anyway I can get Mandriva
    >>> Spring on CD's?

    >> We had a rather confusing thread about it a while back, instigated by me.
    >> The long and short of it was at the moment, the only CD format is the
    >> live CD, which is fine as long as you don't mind downloading anything
    >> else you might miss, and the 4-CD set is on its way but not released yet.
    >> Some people found they were able to "split" the DVD image into 4 CDs, but
    >> I wasn't.

    > Thanks Tom,
    > I thought I remembered a notice and url to a small off beat anouncement
    > from Mandriva Club about a cd issue and to wait till mid June but I was
    > not sure.

    That announcement said they were aiming at June 1, but the expected
    release date was June 15. Well, June 15 has come and gone, and still no
    CD version. Small references here and there lead me to believe they
    never intended to release a CD version of 2007.1 Free at all, despite
    what was said on the club wiki. I doubt that it has any priority with
    anybody at Mandriva, and they'd much rather be working on the upcoming
    2008 version.

    I'm getting very tired of waiting. I guess it's time to look into
    alternatives. I see a 6-cd Powerpack version available online for less
    than Mandriva charges at linuxcdshop.ca. Perhaps this is the way to go.

    TJ

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  6. Re: How to get Man Spring CD's

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:06:38 -0400, TJ wrote:
    >
    > I'm getting very tired of waiting. I guess it's time to look into
    > alternatives. I see a 6-cd Powerpack version available online for less
    > than Mandriva charges at linuxcdshop.ca.


    Just make sure 6 cd is 2007.1(Spring) and not 2007.0

  7. Re: How to get Man Spring CD's

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:06:38 -0400, TJ wrote:
    >> I'm getting very tired of waiting. I guess it's time to look into
    >> alternatives. I see a 6-cd Powerpack version available online for less
    >> than Mandriva charges at linuxcdshop.ca.

    >
    > Just make sure 6 cd is 2007.1(Spring) and not 2007.0


    Shucks! (Please forgive the expletive.) Danged if you aren't right about
    that. They have the Free Spring DVD version for $4.95, but no CDs for
    Spring at all.

    Sigh.

    TJ

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


+ Reply to Thread