file's from email to folder - Mandriva

This is a discussion on file's from email to folder - Mandriva ; I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever. It has text and pictures and graphics in it. I tried drag and drop but could ...

  1. file's from email to folder

    I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save
    by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever.
    It has text and pictures and graphics in it.
    I tried drag and drop but could not get it to work.
    Dont know enough about using konsole to get this done.
    Help please......

    mandriva 2006,kde 3.4.2

  2. Re: file's from email to folder

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:53:26 GMT, sherrys_news wrote:
    > I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save

    Some email apps will not let you play around outside of it's database
    as far as moving the mail around.

    > by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever.

    I would click up a terminal.
    cd /wherever/600+email_is
    cp email_fn /home/dale/whatever

    and see if there is an error.

  3. Re: file's from email to folder

    sherrys_news wrote:

    > I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save
    > by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever.
    > It has text and pictures and graphics in it.
    > I tried drag and drop but could not get it to work.
    > Dont know enough about using konsole to get this done.
    > Help please......
    >
    > mandriva 2006,kde 3.4.2

    Are you using Kmail? If so, click on "file" and "save as".

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  4. Re: file's from email to folder

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:53:26 GMT, sherrys_news wrote:
    >> I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save

    > Some email apps will not let you play around outside of it's database
    > as far as moving the mail around.
    >
    >> by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever.

    > I would click up a terminal.
    > cd /wherever/600+email_is
    > cp email_fn /home/dale/whatever
    >
    > and see if there is an error.

    If you are using Kmail, click on File, then Save As. Other graphical
    clients should let you do likewise. If you are using a command-line
    client, then BitTwister is better qualified to help. What is your email
    client?

    Doug.
    --
    History is philosophy derived from examples.
    - Dionysius of Halicarnassus, 1st c. B.C.

  5. Re: file's from email to folder

    Peter D. wrote:

    > sherrys_news wrote:
    >
    >> I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save
    >> by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever.
    >> It has text and pictures and graphics in it.
    >> I tried drag and drop but could not get it to work.
    >> Dont know enough about using konsole to get this done.
    >> Help please......
    >>
    >> mandriva 2006,kde 3.4.2

    > Are you using Kmail? If so, click on "file" and "save as".
    >
    > I tried this but ...Im guessing here...because there are text and

    pictures and graphics in it the file that is saved has a lot
    of,what looks like,assembly code it it and is unreadable.

  6. Re: file's from email to folder

    sherrys_news wrote:

    > Peter D. wrote:
    >
    >> sherrys_news wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a large email file [600] megs or so that I want to save
    >>> by moving it to a folder such as /home/dale/whatever.
    >>> It has text and pictures and graphics in it.
    >>> I tried drag and drop but could not get it to work.
    >>> Dont know enough about using konsole to get this done.
    >>> Help please......
    >>>
    >>> mandriva 2006,kde 3.4.2

    >> Are you using Kmail? If so, click on "file" and "save as".

    > I tried this but ...Im guessing here...because there are text and
    > pictures and graphics in it the file that is saved has a lot
    > of,what looks like,assembly code it it and is unreadable.

    If you are using Kmail you should be able to right click on
    objects in the body of the message. Also Kmail can be configured
    to display a hierarchy of the message's contents below the message.
    The items listed can be saved individually.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

+ Reply to Thread