"avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio - Mandriva

This is a discussion on "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio - Mandriva ; Hi I want to use mplayer to listen to web radio. After googling, I can do it for some programs. So, for example, if the file bbc7.txt contains http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagai.../rams/1800.ram then mplayer -playlist bbc7.txt plays a programme, apparently from rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/bbc7/1800_fri.ra -- ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio

  1. "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio

    Hi

    I want to use mplayer to listen to web radio.

    After googling, I can do it for some programs. So, for example, if the
    file bbc7.txt contains

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagai.../rams/1800.ram

    then mplayer -playlist bbc7.txt plays a programme, apparently from
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/bbc7/1800_fri.ra -- in fact,

    mplayer rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/bbc7/1800_fri.ra

    works too.

    However, this does not work for BBC4. "I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue" has
    started up again on Mondays at 18:30. If I try to play it by putting

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...ml?radio4/clue

    in a textfile and playing it with mplayer -playlist in the same way,
    then I get an error message:

    Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll,
    /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll

    mplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...ml?radio4/clue

    does the same thing.

    Google was not so much help here. Apparently this avisynth message is a
    red herring
    (http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...ne/053899.html)

    So maybe the URL I have is wrong? But it's the only one I can find for
    this programme. Anyone know how I could get this web radio stuff to work
    with mplayer?

    fp

  2. Re: "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:52:33 -0400, Frank Peelo wrote:

    > However, this does not work for BBC4. "I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue" has
    > started up again on Mondays at 18:30. If I try to play it by putting
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...ml?radio4/clue


    Even though kaffeine calls mplayser, it works ...

    $ kaffeine -p http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram
    if kaffeine hangs here run 'configure --with-xinit-workaround' and recompile / reinstall ... ok
    0
    kaffeine: No DVB device found.
    QLayout "unnamed" added to QWidget "unnamed", which already has a layout
    kaffeine: PLAYLIST
    kaffeine: PlayList: add 1 items to playlist
    kaffeine: PlayList: Check for kaffeine/noatun/m3u/pls/asx playlist
    kaffeine: PlayList: Try loading kaffeine playlist
    kaffeine: PlaylistImport: kaffeine: /home/dave/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine/playlists/NEW.kaffeine
    kaffeine: Window manager: KWin found
    kaffeine: Kaffeine:: Try to load service: kmplayer_part
    kaffeine: No KaffeinePart...
    kaffeine: PlayList: add 1 items to playlist
    [dave@hodgins software]$ kaffeine: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
    klauncher said: Error loading 'kaffeine "%u"'.
    kaffeine:
    mplayer -wid 65012271 -slave -vo xv -ao alsa,oss,sdl,arts -framedrop -vop pp=de -contrast 0 -brightness 0 -hue 0 -saturation 0 -cache 256 'rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio4/live/r4_dsat_g2.ra' -identify

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  3. Re: "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:52:33 -0400, Frank Peelo wrote:
    >
    >> However, this does not work for BBC4. "I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue" has
    >> started up again on Mondays at 18:30. If I try to play it by putting
    >>
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...ml?radio4/clue

    >
    > Even though kaffeine calls mplayser, it works ...
    >
    > $ kaffeine -p http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram


    Hmm.

    Thanks for replying, but that's a different URL. How did you work out
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram ? I tried the URL
    you quote, with

    mplayer -playlist http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram

    and it also works. I need to figure out how to transform
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...ml?radio4/clue into
    something like the URL you quote. But clearly the problem is not with
    mplayer, so this is not a Linux question, but a BBC one, so I suppose I
    should take it elsewhere.

    fp


  4. Re: "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:57:38 -0400, Frank Peelo wrote:

    > Thanks for replying, but that's a different URL. How did you work out
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram ? I tried the URL
    > you quote, with


    If you click on the "Listen Live Real Player" FM button, the left panel
    changes to include the above url. Just right click, copy and paste.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  5. Re: "avisynth missing" when using mplayer to listen to web radio

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:57:38 -0400, Frank Peelo wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Thanks for replying, but that's a different URL. How did you work out
    >>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram ? I tried the URL
    >>you quote, with

    >
    >
    > If you click on the "Listen Live Real Player" FM button, the left panel
    > changes to include the above url. Just right click, copy and paste.


    And for other things, a close examination of the HTML source for the
    radio player shows interesting things.

    Including the fact that the javascript works in Welsh and in Scots
    Gaelic. Shouldn't be a surprise, but it was. (A pleasant one.)

    Many thanks, again

    fp

+ Reply to Thread