Minimize button help - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Minimize button help - Mandriva ; On any window in KDE, there are minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right corner of the window...this being said for those who wonder what those thingies are. well, when i minimize the window, it is supposed to ...

  1. Minimize button help

    On any window in KDE, there are minimize, maximize and close buttons on
    the upper right corner of the window...this being said for those who
    wonder what those thingies are.

    well, when i minimize the window, it is supposed to show up on the task
    bar on the bottom of the screen, but it doesn't. The program is still
    running, but I don't know how to bring the program back up.

    What do I do now and how do I get those "thingies" to work right?

    I'm using 2007 spring if that's any help.

    thank s guys

  2. Re: Minimize button help

    On Sat, 26 May 2007 19:01:01 -0400, George wrote:

    > well, when i minimize the window, it is supposed to show up on the task
    > bar on the bottom of the screen, but it doesn't. The program is still
    > running, but I don't know how to bring the program back up.

    Alt+tab should cycle through the programs.

    > What do I do now and how do I get those "thingies" to work right?

    Most likely, the taskbar has been deleted from the panel.

    Right click on the panel, select add applet to panel, then select
    the taskbar applet.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Minimize button help

    On Sat, 26 May 2007 19:13:19 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 May 2007 19:01:01 -0400, George wrote:
    >
    >> well, when i minimize the window, it is supposed to show up on the task
    >> bar on the bottom of the screen, but it doesn't. The program is still
    >> running, but I don't know how to bring the program back up.

    > Alt+tab should cycle through the programs.
    >
    >> What do I do now and how do I get those "thingies" to work right?

    > Most likely, the taskbar has been deleted from the panel.
    >
    > Right click on the panel, select add applet to panel, then select the
    > taskbar applet.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    That worked! thanks a lot....geeze, I had a lot of programs running!

+ Reply to Thread