    process. How do I get it back; Of what package is konqueror a part?
    Thanks, George

  2. Re: lost konqueror

    On 2007-05-26, George wrote:
    > I reinstalled Mandriva 2006 for a leaner OS and lost konqueror in the
    > process. How do I get it back; Of what package is konqueror a part?

    In 2007.0, it is part of package
    kdebase-progs-3.5.4-35mdv2007.0 in case that helps.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  3. Re: lost konqueror

    Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
    > On 2007-05-26, George wrote:
    >> I reinstalled Mandriva 2006 for a leaner OS and lost konqueror in the
    >> process. How do I get it back; Of what package is konqueror a part?

    > In 2007.0, it is part of package
    > kdebase-progs-3.5.4-35mdv2007.0 in case that helps.

    Did you really lose it, or just lose its icon or menu listing?

    locate konqueror |grep bin
    Mine is /usr/bin/konqueror

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  4. Re: lost konqueror

    On 2007-05-26, George wrote:
    > Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
    >> On 2007-05-26, George wrote:
    >>
    >>>I reinstalled Mandriva 2006 for a leaner OS and lost konqueror in the
    >>>process. How do I get it back; Of what package is konqueror a part?

    >> In 2007.0, it is part of package
    >> kdebase-progs-3.5.4-35mdv2007.0 in case that helps.
    >>

    > Thanks, I now, again, have konqueror. It still does not show up on the
    > menue; I must start it via the terminal.

    There's a command for updating menus. I think it might be
    named updatemenu or something similar, but I'm not sure. I
    believe I have seen it discussed in one of the linux-related
    newsgroups I read.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  5. Re: lost konqueror

    On Sat, 26 May 2007 21:33:40 GMT, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:

    > There's a command for updating menus. I think it might be
    > named updatemenu or something similar, but I'm not sure.

    update-menus -v might work.

  6. Re: lost konqueror

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 May 2007 21:33:40 GMT, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
    >
    >>There's a command for updating menus. I think it might be
    >>named updatemenu or something similar, but I'm not sure.

    > update-menus -v might work.

    I reinstalled very light weight and, on installation, was only offered
    icewm and twm. I chose icewm. After installing the kdebase-progs package
    Konqueror is, indeed, on the icewm menu as a browser. It showed up on
    the menu after I re booted. I was going to change back to the kwm, but
    the icewm is becoming more apealing. I think I'll stay with it. Thanks
    for the help.
    George

+ Reply to Thread