xxx.mas file not visible in samba share - Mandriva

This is a discussion on xxx.mas file not visible in samba share - Mandriva ; Hi, I use samba to view files on my Mandriva server. I have several files in one directory with the same name but different extensions. For some reason, the file with the .mas extension isn't visible in samba. The permissions ...

  1. xxx.mas file not visible in samba share

    Hi,

    I use samba to view files on my Mandriva server.

    I have several files in one directory with the same name but different
    extensions.

    For some reason, the file with the .mas extension isn't visible in samba.
    The permissions on all the files is identical.

    Any idea why I can't see this one file?

    Thanks,

    Frank

  2. Re: xxx.mas file not visible in samba share

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:21:40 -0400, Frank Dreyfus wrote:

    > I use samba to view files on my Mandriva server.
    > For some reason, the file with the .mas extension isn't visible in samba.
    > The permissions on all the files is identical.

    I gather this is on a windows system.
    ..mas (Microsoft Access StoredProcedure) is one of those files M$ insists
    on hiding the extension of, without a registry edit. They don't want
    to confuse users, by presenting information that only people interested
    in keeping their system secure, might want to see.

    See http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1026512156
    for a list of hidden extensions, and how to use regedit, to unhide them.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: xxx.mas file not visible in samba share

    "David W. Hodgins" wrote in
    newsp.tswf1f0ma3w0dx@hodgins.homeip.net:

    > I gather this is on a windows system.
    > .mas (Microsoft Access StoredProcedure) is one of those files M$ insists
    > on hiding the extension of

    Yes. That was the problem.

    Thanks!

    Frank