Huge Mandriva 'icon' with 2007.1 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Huge Mandriva 'icon' with 2007.1 - Mandriva ; Having received Linux Format -July 2007 with a bumper 2 sided DVD which includes MDV 2007.1 I am confronted with an ugly huge Mandriva menu icon. Obviously I prefer the more discrete KDE icon. Can someone please give me an ...

  1. Huge Mandriva 'icon' with 2007.1

    Having received Linux Format -July 2007 with a bumper 2 sided DVD which
    includes MDV 2007.1 I am confronted with an ugly huge Mandriva menu
    icon. Obviously I prefer the more discrete KDE icon.
    Can someone please give me an indication where to find a site similar to
    the one permitting a change from the Mandrake Star to the KDE icon

    BTW the upgrade from MDV 2007.0 to 2007.1 went flawlessly.

    TIA for any info how to get rid of the huge MDV icon.

    Frank

  2. Re: Huge Mandriva 'icon' with 2007.1

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:19:13 +0100, Highland Ham wrote:
    > Having received Linux Format -July 2007 with a bumper 2 sided DVD which
    > Can someone please give me an indication where to find a site similar to
    > the one permitting a change from the Mandrake Star to the KDE icon

    If you look through the Release and Errata notes you might be
    supprised and what you might find.

    /usr/share/doc/mandriva-release-common-2007.1/release-notes.txt

    And if you cannot find it, A snippet from the release notes

    This document may be updated. The latest version of these release notes
    is available at
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases...a/2007.1/Notes

    Please also refer to
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases.../2007.1/Errata - the Errata for
    the 2007 Spring release. The Errata page contains information
    on known bugs and problems in the release and instructions on
    fixing, avoiding or working around them.

+ Reply to Thread