Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD - Mandriva ; Hi, I'm looking for some help here. I have just downloaded Mandriva One 2007.1, burned to CD and rebooted machine. When I try to press either F1, F2 or F3 nothing happens, it boots but then I get "Cannot Display ...

  1. Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD

    Hi,

    I'm looking for some help here. I have just downloaded Mandriva One 2007.1,
    burned to CD and rebooted machine. When I try to press either F1, F2 or F3
    nothing happens, it boots but then I get "Cannot Display This Video Mode" |
    "Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60Hz.

    Can anyone offer a suggestion how to access the Function keys to change boot
    up resolution?

    Thanks.

    Ian E

  2. Re: Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD

    news.freedom2surf.net wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for some help here. I have just downloaded Mandriva One 2007.1,
    > burned to CD and rebooted machine. When I try to press either F1, F2 or F3
    > nothing happens, it boots but then I get "Cannot Display This Video Mode" |
    > "Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60Hz.
    >
    > Can anyone offer a suggestion how to access the Function keys to change boot
    > up resolution?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ian E

    What does section 7.1 of the errata say ?

  3. Re: Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD

    news.freedom2surf.net wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for some help here. I have just downloaded Mandriva One
    > 2007.1, burned to CD and rebooted machine. When I try to press either F1,
    > F2 or F3 nothing happens, it boots but then I get "Cannot Display This
    > Video Mode" | "Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60Hz.
    >
    > Can anyone offer a suggestion how to access the Function keys to change
    > boot up resolution?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ian E

    Hello,

    I hope that you (as a wise M$ user) naturally checked the MD5 sum before
    burning the iso...

    You can take a look at MDV's errata page also. There are some helpful hints.

    Ciao @+

  4. Re: Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD

    Yes I checked MD5. Have burnt numerous cd's at slow speed so it's not that.

    Also tried what it says on errata but still no luck.

    Any suggestions how to get Mandriva One 2007.1 installed?

    "F8BOE" wrote in message
    > news.freedom2surf.net wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm looking for some help here. I have just downloaded Mandriva One
    >> 2007.1, burned to CD and rebooted machine. When I try to press either F1,
    >> F2 or F3 nothing happens, it boots but then I get "Cannot Display This
    >> Video Mode" | "Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60Hz.
    >>
    >> Can anyone offer a suggestion how to access the Function keys to change
    >> boot up resolution?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Ian E

    > Hello,
    >
    > I hope that you (as a wise M$ user) naturally checked the MD5 sum before
    > burning the iso...
    >
    > You can take a look at MDV's errata page also. There are some helpful
    > hints.
    >
    > Ciao @+

  5. Re: Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 07:29:43 -0400, Ian Edmont wrote:

    > Yes I checked MD5. Have burnt numerous cd's at slow speed so it's not that.
    > Also tried what it says on errata but still no luck.
    > Any suggestions how to get Mandriva One 2007.1 installed?

    Are you using a USB keyboard? If so, ensure the bios setup is
    configured to support USB keyboards, and mice, if appropriate.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  6. Re: Mandriva One 2007.1 Boot CD

    yes checked that David.

    Ian.

    "David W. Hodgins" wrote in message
    newsp.tsmsg0uma3w0dx@hodgins.homeip.net...
    > On Sun, 20 May 2007 07:29:43 -0400, Ian Edmont
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I checked MD5. Have burnt numerous cd's at slow speed so it's not
    >> that.
    >> Also tried what it says on errata but still no luck.
    >> Any suggestions how to get Mandriva One 2007.1 installed?

    > Are you using a USB keyboard? If so, ensure the bios setup is
    > configured to support USB keyboards, and mice, if appropriate.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins
    >
    > --
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    > (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    > use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

+ Reply to Thread