careful menu navigation - Mandriva

This is a discussion on careful menu navigation - Mandriva ; Hi is there any setting in KDE or Firefox to allow me to traverse deep menus easily without me losing place if the mouse accidentally moves to the wrong part of the menu ? On Windows you can click the ...

  1. careful menu navigation

    Hi is there any setting in KDE or Firefox to allow me to traverse
    deep menus easily without me losing place if the mouse accidentally
    moves to the wrong part of the menu ?

    On Windows you can click the left button at each stage of traversing
    the menu and this kinda fixes your traversal thus far - if that makes
    sense.

    At present my work around is to use the keyboard to navigate deep menus.

    Lordy

  2. Re: careful menu navigation

    On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:04:16 -0400, lordy wrote:

    > Hi is there any setting in KDE or Firefox to allow me to traverse
    > deep menus easily without me losing place if the mouse accidentally
    > moves to the wrong part of the menu ?
    >
    > On Windows you can click the left button at each stage of traversing
    > the menu and this kinda fixes your traversal thus far - if that makes
    > sense.

    Too a point, this also works with kde.

    > At present my work around is to use the keyboard to navigate deep menus.

    Check in kcontrol/Peripherals/Mouse, and ensure you have Pointer acceleration
    set to zero.

    My best suggestion would be use some muscle relaxants (aka a few beers).

    Sorry I can't be of more help.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: careful menu navigation

    On 2007-05-17, David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:04:16 -0400, lordy wrote:
    >
    >> On Windows you can click the left button at each stage of traversing
    >> the menu and this kinda fixes your traversal thus far - if that makes
    >> sense.

    > Too a point, this also works with kde.

    Odd that. It seems to acknowledge the click, and the kinda ignores it??

    >> At present my work around is to use the keyboard to navigate deep menus.

    > Check in kcontrol/Peripherals/Mouse, and ensure you have Pointer acceleration
    > set to zero.

    Yeah, but with dual screens high acceleration is good for lateral
    movement. Double edged sword I guess! I'll have a ply around to find a
    good compromise. There is a pixel tolerance that surpresses acceletation IIRC,
    I'll probably increase that...

    > My best suggestion would be use some muscle relaxants (aka a few beers).

    I'm a good/boring boy now. Only Social Drinking. (Social = Real People
    in the same room )

    > Sorry I can't be of more help.

    No probs, got me thinking...

    > Regards, Dave Hodgins