mouse question - Mandriva

This is a discussion on mouse question - Mandriva ; Hi, My wife bought me the "ms wireless comfort keyboard 1.0A" with the "ms optical mouse 2.0" i found the correct keyboard selection in "Configure Your computer" but I'm not sure what to select under the mouse type. The mouse ...

  1. mouse question

    Hi,
    My wife bought me the "ms wireless comfort keyboard 1.0A" with the "ms
    optical mouse 2.0" i found the correct keyboard selection in "Configure
    Your computer" but I'm not sure what to select under the mouse type. The
    mouse works, but scrolling via wheel isnt quite right. The mouse has left
    and right tilt wheel.
    Any tips here?
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: mouse question

    Eric wrote:

    > Hi,
    > My wife bought me the "ms wireless comfort keyboard 1.0A" with the "ms
    > optical mouse 2.0" i found the correct keyboard selection in "Configure
    > Your computer" but I'm not sure what to select under the mouse type. The
    > mouse works, but scrolling via wheel isnt quite right. The mouse has left
    > and right tilt wheel.
    > Any tips here?
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    I think i have it -
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7 5 4"
    Option "Buttons" "7"
    EndSection

    Eric

  3. Re: mouse question

    Eric wrote:
    > Eric wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> My wife bought me the "ms wireless comfort keyboard 1.0A" with the "ms
    >> optical mouse 2.0" i found the correct keyboard selection in "Configure
    >> Your computer" but I'm not sure what to select under the mouse type. The
    >> mouse works, but scrolling via wheel isnt quite right. The mouse has left
    >> and right tilt wheel.
    >> Any tips here?
    >> Thanks
    >> Eric

    > I think i have it -
    > Section "InputDevice"
    > Identifier "Mouse1"
    > Driver "mouse"
    > Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    > Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    > Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    > Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7 5 4"
    > Option "Buttons" "7"
    > EndSection
    >
    > Eric

    If you would like to get all the mouse buttons to work, use the evdev
    driver/protocol, not the ImPS/2.

    I have a Logitech MX1000 mouse working with evdev myself, therefor I can
    not help you any further. Google for it and I'm sure there is a
    solution, for example:

    http://mandrivausers.org/index.php?s...ded&pid=284302

    WillemV

  4. Re: mouse question

    WillemV wrote:

    > Eric wrote:
    >> Eric wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> My wife bought me the "ms wireless comfort keyboard 1.0A" with the "ms
    >>> optical mouse 2.0" i found the correct keyboard selection in "Configure
    >>> Your computer" but I'm not sure what to select under the mouse type. The
    >>> mouse works, but scrolling via wheel isnt quite right. The mouse has
    >>> left and right tilt wheel.
    >>> Any tips here?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Eric

    >> I think i have it -
    >> Section "InputDevice"
    >> Identifier "Mouse1"
    >> Driver "mouse"
    >> Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    >> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    >> Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    >> Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7 5 4"
    >> Option "Buttons" "7"
    >> EndSection
    >>
    >> Eric

    > If you would like to get all the mouse buttons to work, use the evdev
    > driver/protocol, not the ImPS/2.
    >
    > I have a Logitech MX1000 mouse working with evdev myself, therefor I can
    > not help you any further. Google for it and I'm sure there is a
    > solution, for example:

    http://mandrivausers.org/index.php?s...ded&pid=284302

    > WillemV

    This isnt working out. I have to click things several times to get them to
    accept the click. Here's my config:
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    Option "Dev Name" "Microsoft Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0A"
    #Option "Dev Phys" "usb-0000:00:1d.7-1.3/input0"
    Option "Buttons" "7"
    Option "ButtonMapping" "1 3 2 4 5 6 7"
    EndSection

    I'm seriously thinking of returning this keyb and mouse, I literraly have to
    pound on the keyb to not miss keys' It was an absolute chore just to type
    this post.
    Eric

  5. Re: mouse question

    I returned it.