Googleearth is all white world - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Googleearth is all white world - Mandriva ; I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine but when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white ...

  1. Googleearth is all white world

    I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google
    earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine but
    when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white circle
    with international boarders on it. What might I do?

  2. Re: Googleearth is all white world

    Quoth Baldeagle :

    > I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google
    > earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine but
    > when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white circle
    > with international boarders on it. What might I do?

    Stop voting for Republicans.
    --
    The Man in the Yellow Hat
    Linux with a monkey, since 1996.

  3. Re: Googleearth is all white world

    Big Yellow Hats wrote:
    > Quoth Baldeagle :
    >
    >> I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google
    >> earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine but
    >> when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white circle
    >> with international boarders on it. What might I do?

    > Stop voting for Republicans.

    I guess we're just supposed to calm down and feel secure...

  4. Re: Googleearth is all white world

    Quoth Baldeagle :

    > Big Yellow Hats wrote:
    >> Quoth Baldeagle :
    >>
    >>> I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google
    >>> earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine
    >>> but when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white
    >>> circle with international boarders on it. What might I do?

    >> Stop voting for Republicans.

    > I guess we're just supposed to calm down and feel secure...

    Beats being scared. ;-)

    Seriously though... Just because someone released a package doesn't mean
    someone released a good package, tested, fit for general consumption, w/o
    errors. You might try getting the source rpm. Give it a cursory
    inspection, maybe change configuration settings if you think it's
    appropriate and then rebuild it yourself.

    More than once I've found an official Mandriva rpm that had undesirable
    configs for my specific hardware and a quick spec file edit and rebuild of
    the src rpm did the trick. (e.g. libgphoto2 for mdv 2006 was
    misconfigured for a particular el cheapo cam that I happen to own.)

    In case you need it... Mandriva rpm howto:
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Howto/RPM
    --
    The Man in the Yellow Hat
    Linux with a monkey, since 1996.

  5. Re: Googleearth is all white world

    Big Yellow Hats a écrit :
    > Quoth Baldeagle :
    >
    >> I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google
    >> earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine but
    >> when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white circle
    >> with international boarders on it. What might I do?

    > Stop voting for Republicans.

    lol: lol: lol:

  6. Re: Googleearth is all white world

    Baldeagle wrote:

    > I'm running 2007.1 per say and I just upgraded to the new plf Google
    > earth. The problem is that smart says all downloaded and loaded fine but
    > when I bring up Google Earth the globe is nothing but a white circle
    > with international boarders on it. What might I do?

    I just upgraded Googleearth (built May 6th) on 2007.0. It works.

    Is it possible to change the font size?

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.