Package manager freezes - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Package manager freezes - Mandriva ; Hi! I'm using Mandriva 2006, the 64-bit version. I would say that 50% of the time, I am not able to fully download and install the packages I select because the package manager (rpmdrake I think; the one in the ...

  1. Package manager freezes

    Hi!
    I'm using Mandriva 2006, the 64-bit version.
    I would say that 50% of the time, I am not able to fully download and
    install the packages I select because the package manager (rpmdrake I
    think; the one in the mcc anyway) freezes. Sometime it freezes during
    the download, sometime it freezes during the installation.

    I wonder if it is caused by:
    - the 64-bit version which might have some stability problems?
    - the servers' reliability where the rpms are taken?

    Any other experiencing the same?
    Any solution to propose?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Package manager freezes

    On 10 May 2007 08:36:05 -0700, Maitre Bart wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I'm using Mandriva 2006, the 64-bit version.
    > I would say that 50% of the time, I am not able to fully download and
    > install the packages I select because the package manager (rpmdrake I
    > think; the one in the mcc anyway) freezes.
    > I wonder if it is caused by:
    > - the 64-bit version which might have some stability problems?
    > - the servers' reliability where the rpms are taken?

    Rule out the server. Get into MCC, delete current mirrors, then
    pick a new mirror(s) from
    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

+ Reply to Thread