How to switch between multiple keyboard layouts - Mandriva

This is a discussion on How to switch between multiple keyboard layouts - Mandriva ; I'm using Mandriva 2006. I'd like to setup 2 (or more) keyboard layouts and be able to switch between them. Is it possible?...

  1. How to switch between multiple keyboard layouts

    I'm using Mandriva 2006.
    I'd like to setup 2 (or more) keyboard layouts and be able to switch
    between them.
    Is it possible?

  2. Re: How to switch between multiple keyboard layouts

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 21:00:50 -0400, Maitre Bart wrote:

    > I'm using Mandriva 2006.
    > I'd like to setup 2 (or more) keyboard layouts and be able to switch
    > between them.
    > Is it possible?

    Depends on which window manager you're using.

    For KDE, run the KDE control center, select Regional & Accessibility,
    Keyboard Layouts. Enable the use of keyboard layouts.

    Select the layout on the left, and click add.

    In my case, I have two layouts, both of which are English U.S.,
    but with the second one set to use the Layout Variant, Dvorak.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins