MANDRIVA + remote(lan) printer - Mandriva

This is a discussion on MANDRIVA + remote(lan) printer - Mandriva ; I just started running Mandriva.I have a printer on my WINXP system. And both systems(winxp and mandriva) are connected to a router. I can get file between both system, but can't get printing docs from Mandriva to winxp printer... any ...

  1. MANDRIVA + remote(lan) printer

    I just started running Mandriva.I have a printer on my WINXP system. And
    both systems(winxp and mandriva) are connected to a router. I can get
    file between both system, but can't get printing docs from Mandriva to
    winxp printer...

    any help??

    hanz

  2. Re: MANDRIVA + remote(lan) printer

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 19:33:31 -0400, Hanz wrote:

    > I just started running Mandriva.I have a printer on my WINXP system. And
    > both systems(winxp and mandriva) are connected to a router. I can get
    > file between both system, but can't get printing docs from Mandriva to
    > winxp printer...
    >
    > any help??
    >
    > hanz

    What have you tried? CUPS should handle that - tell it you've got a remote
    printer.

  3. Re: MANDRIVA + remote(lan) printer

    I do I tell CUPS that I have a remote printer?

    hanz

    ray wrote:
    > On Wed, 09 May 2007 19:33:31 -0400, Hanz wrote:
    >

    >>I just started running Mandriva.I have a printer on my WINXP system. And
    >>both systems(winxp and mandriva) are connected to a router. I can get
    >>file between both system, but can't get printing docs from Mandriva to
    >>winxp printer...
    >>
    >>any help??
    >>
    >>hanz

    > What have you tried? CUPS should handle that - tell it you've got a remote
    > printer.

  4. Re: MANDRIVA + remote(lan) printer

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 23:39:44 -0400, Hanz wrote:

    > I do I tell CUPS that I have a remote printer?

    As I don't have a lan, I can't help with the details, but start by
    going to http://127.0.0.1:631 (The cups interface), select add printer,
    give it a name, when asked for the Device, use the drop down box to
    select Windows printer via samba, or http, or ipp, as appropriate.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins