Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso" - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso" - Mandriva ; Hello. I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD but I can't download the 4.3G file. All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download a file ...

  1. Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    Hello.

    I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD but I
    can't download the 4.3G file.
    All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download a
    file of only 261 Mo.

    For instance, I try from one of the proposed links from the download
    mandriva web site :
    http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/Mandra...e-dvd-i586.iso

    It seems as if I couldn't download a too big file.
    Have you already encounter such a problem.
    What is the solution ?

    With many thanks.

    Marc

  2. Re: Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    "marc" wrote in message
    : Hello.
    :
    : I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD but
    : can't download the 4.3G file.
    : All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download a
    : file of only 261 Mo.
    :
    : For instance, I try from one of the proposed links from the download
    : mandriva web site :
    :
    http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/Mandra...e-dvd-i586.iso
    :
    : It seems as if I couldn't download a too big file.
    : Have you already encounter such a problem.
    : What is the solution ?
    :
    : With many thanks.
    :
    I had exactly the same problem. I tried several mirrors. In the end i had to
    use Cute ftp lite (free) to download it from this address ftp.heanet.ie
    just browse for the mandrake folder etc.

    /mirrors/ftp.mandrake.com/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/

  3. Re: Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    Hello Mike.

    Thank you, but I can't find the Iso file
    "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"
    Any idea ?

    "MikE ©ampbell" a écrit dans le message de news:
    f1t01l.1cc.1@mikes.news.private...

    > "marc" wrote in message
    > : Hello.
    > :
    > : I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD
    > but
    > : can't download the 4.3G file.
    > : All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download
    > : file of only 261 Mo.
    > :
    > : For instance, I try from one of the proposed links from the download
    > : mandriva web site :
    > :
    > http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/Mandra...e-dvd-i586.iso
    > :
    > : It seems as if I couldn't download a too big file.
    > : Have you already encounter such a problem.
    > : What is the solution ?
    > :
    > : With many thanks.
    > :
    > I had exactly the same problem. I tried several mirrors. In the end i had
    > use Cute ftp lite (free) to download it from this address ftp.heanet.ie
    > just browse for the mandrake folder etc.
    >
    > /mirrors/ftp.mandrake.com/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/

  4. Re: Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    sorry, found !!!
    Thank you

    "MikE ©ampbell" a écrit dans le message de news:
    f1t01l.1cc.1@mikes.news.private...

    > "marc" wrote in message
    > : Hello.
    > :
    > : I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD
    > but
    > : can't download the 4.3G file.
    > : All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download
    > : file of only 261 Mo.
    > :
    > : For instance, I try from one of the proposed links from the download
    > : mandriva web site :
    > :
    > http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/Mandra...e-dvd-i586.iso
    > :
    > : It seems as if I couldn't download a too big file.
    > : Have you already encounter such a problem.
    > : What is the solution ?
    > :
    > : With many thanks.
    > :
    > I had exactly the same problem. I tried several mirrors. In the end i had
    > use Cute ftp lite (free) to download it from this address ftp.heanet.ie
    > just browse for the mandrake folder etc.
    >
    > /mirrors/ftp.mandrake.com/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/

  5. Re: Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    "marc" wrote in message
    : Hello Mike.
    :
    : Thank you, but I can't find the Iso file
    : "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"
    : Any idea ?
    :
    :
    Marc if you put this link, i assume you're using internet explorer 7 ?, into
    your browser

    ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.mand...al/iso/2007.1/

    it will take you right into the ftp directory and you will see the DVD iso
    image about the third one down. It will not let you download it with IE.
    Well it will but you will only get a 260 odd mb file.

    If you put this link in your browser
    ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.mand...inux/official/

    And then choose from the top right hand menu 'page' then >view ftp site in
    windows explorer that will let you in. If you then browse the 'iso' folder
    then the '2007.1' folder you will see the file you need (choose details for
    folder view). The only workaround i know to download the iso with IE then is
    to right click on the required ISO and choose 'copy to' for example your
    desktop. The downside to this is a it is a large file IE does not, or at
    least not properly, resume the download if your connection drops.

    Go to
    http://www.download.com/Core-FTP-LE/...-10195752.html

    and get Core ftp lite its a free 2.6mb download and put any of the above
    links into it and it will lead you to what you want. It will also resume the
    download if you have to stop your connection as it doe take a good while
    even on a fast connection. If you still get stuck give a shout again.

  6. Re: Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 09:18:36 -0400, marc wrote:

    > I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD but I
    > can't download the 4.3G file.
    > All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download a
    > file of only 261 Mo.

    Are you trying to download to a partion formatted with fat32? If so, as per
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...c13621675.mspx
    the maximum file size is limited to "4 GB minus 1 byte (232 bytes minus 1 byte)"

    If you're downloading to an ntfs formatted partition, how much free space is there?

    Does your isp use traffic shaping to slow, or limit large downloads?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  7. Re: Download problem "mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso"

    I think it's a bug of Windows XP
    I'm under Win XP Pro SP2 NTFS.

    I've successfully download the
    ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_...e-dvd-i586.iso
    file with my ftp client FileZilla. No Problem.

    But when you try to download this 4.3.G file (right clicking the link inside
    Internet Explorer 7) then the download begins ans stops after 261Mo : I
    Think it is because 4.3G = 4G (limit of 32bits) + 261Mo.
    So -> bug of Windows !!!

    Marc

    "David W. Hodgins" a écrit dans le message de
    news: op.tr2fkzlea3w0dx@hodgins.homeip.net...
    > On Wed, 09 May 2007 09:18:36 -0400, marc wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to download the free ISO file edition to burn my own DVD but
    >> can't download the 4.3G file.
    >> All the time my win xp (from where I try to download the file) download a
    >> file of only 261 Mo.

    > Are you trying to download to a partion formatted with fat32? If so, as
    > per
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...c13621675.mspx
    > the maximum file size is limited to "4 GB minus 1 byte (232 bytes minus 1
    > byte)"
    >
    > If you're downloading to an ntfs formatted partition, how much free space
    > is there?
    >
    > Does your isp use traffic shaping to slow, or limit large downloads?
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins
    >
    > --
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    > (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    > use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

+ Reply to Thread