What is this beagled thing? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on What is this beagled thing? - Mandriva ; I understand it's some kind of search indexer, but why is it using 90% of my CPU right after startup? Using Gnome my System Monitor shows "beagled", "beagled-helper" and "beagle-search" running. I deselected all indexing functions in Search Preferences and ...

  1. What is this beagled thing?

    I understand it's some kind of search indexer, but why is it using 90% of
    my CPU right after startup? Using Gnome my System Monitor shows
    "beagled", "beagled-helper" and "beagle-search" running. I deselected all
    indexing functions in Search Preferences and the first two reboots all was
    fine, but now I can't stop it and my system sound effects stopped working.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

  2. Re: What is this beagled thing?

    On Tue, 08 May 2007 13:46:20 GMT, JTJersey wrote:
    > I understand it's some kind of search indexer, but why is it using 90% of
    > my CPU right after startup?

    It has to do a full scan to make sure it has everthing.

    > Using Gnome my System Monitor shows
    > "beagled", "beagled-helper" and "beagle-search" running. I deselected all
    > indexing functions in Search Preferences and the first two reboots all was
    > fine, but now I can't stop it and my system sound effects stopped working.

    Why not stop the deamon. KDE beagle's config screen has a tab which has a
    button to stop beagle.

  3. Re: What is this beagled thing?

    On Tue, 08 May 2007 14:14:40 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Why not stop the deamon. KDE beagle's config screen has a tab which has
    > a button to stop beagle.

    We'll give that a shot, thanks. Now if I can get my sound effects to
    work again.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

+ Reply to Thread