=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Licenza_mandriva_2007,_=E8_vero=3F=3F=3F?= - Mandriva

This is a discussion on =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Licenza_mandriva_2007,_=E8_vero=3F=3F=3F?= - Mandriva ; Ciao, su ebay ho trovato in vendita un dvd masterizzato contenente Mandriva Linux 2007 Free 32 i586, nella descrizione il venditore scrive (taglio e incollo): Nota per ebay: l'asta non viola alcun copyright in quanto la licenza del software prevede ...

  1. =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Licenza_mandriva_2007,_=E8_vero=3F=3F=3F?=

    Ciao, su ebay ho trovato in vendita un dvd masterizzato contenente
    Mandriva Linux 2007 Free 32 i586, nella descrizione il venditore scrive
    (taglio e incollo):

    Nota per ebay: l'asta non viola alcun copyright in quanto la licenza
    del software prevede espressamente la possibilità di redistribuzione
    dello stesso a titolo sia gratuito che oneroso (è stato in proposito
    coniato il lemma "copyleft" ad indicare detta prassi)...continua ma ho
    tagliato...

    Non inserisco il link all'asta per non fare pubblicità...

    E' vero o è solo uno stratagemma per evitare che ebay gli chiuda
    l'asta?

    GRAZIE

  2. Re: Licenza mandriva 2007, =?iso-8859-15?Q?=E8?= vero???

    On 2007-05-08, IL VENDITORE wrote:
    > Ciao, su ebay ho trovato in vendita un dvd masterizzato contenente
    > Mandriva Linux 2007 Free 32 i586, nella descrizione il venditore scrive
    > (taglio e incollo):
    >
    > Nota per ebay: l'asta non viola alcun copyright in quanto la licenza
    > del software prevede espressamente la possibilità di redistribuzione
    > dello stesso a titolo sia gratuito che oneroso (è stato in proposito
    > coniato il lemma "copyleft" ad indicare detta prassi)...continua ma ho
    > tagliato...
    >
    > Non inserisco il link all'asta per non fare pubblicità...
    >
    > E' vero o è solo uno stratagemma per evitare che ebay gli chiuda
    > l'asta?
    >
    > GRAZIE

    Babelfish says:

    Hello, on ebay I have found in sale a dvd masterizzato containing
    Mandriva Linux 2007 Free 32 i586, in the description the vendor writes
    (cut and glue):

    Famous for ebay: the auction viola some copyright in how much the
    licence of the software express previews the possibility of
    redistribuzione of the same one a.tito it is free that oneroso (has
    been in coined purpose the lemma "copyleft" to indicate dictates
    prassi)... continues but I have cut...

    I do not insert the link to the auction in order not to make
    publicity...

    True E' or is only a stratagem in order to avoid that ebay the auction
    closes it? THANKS

    True, as far as it goes.

    You can download the DVD for Mandriva 2007 Free from the Mandriva website,
    without charge, and make as many copies as you like and install the system
    on as many computers as you like. Linux is not Microsoft!
    .

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  3. Re: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Licenza_mandriva_2007,_=E8_vero=3F=3F=3F?=

    Scriveva Whiskers martedì, 08/05/2007:

    > You can download the DVD for Mandriva 2007 Free from the Mandriva website,
    > without charge, and make as many copies as you like and install the system
    > on as many computers as you like. Linux is not Microsoft!
    > .

    Lo so, non mi sognerei mai di acquistarlo, tantomeno masterizzato su
    ebay! La mia domanda era un'altra, può venderlo o no? Che dice la
    licenza?

  4. Re: Licenza mandriva 2007, =?iso-8859-15?Q?=E8?= vero???

    On 2007-05-08, IL VENDITORE wrote:
    > Scriveva Whiskers martedì, 08/05/2007:
    >
    >> You can download the DVD for Mandriva 2007 Free from the Mandriva website,
    >> without charge, and make as many copies as you like and install the system
    >> on as many computers as you like. Linux is not Microsoft!
    >> .

    > Lo so, non mi sognerei mai di acquistarlo, tantomeno masterizzato su
    > ebay! La mia domanda era un'altra, può venderlo o no? Che dice la
    > licenza?

    I know, I would not never dream myself to acquire it, tantomeno
    masterizzato on ebay! My question was an other, can sell it or not?
    What says the licence?

    If you have a Mandriva installation disc then you an find the file
    LICENCE.txt there. The relevant part is:

    [...]

    3. The GPL License and Related Licenses The Software Products consist of
    components created by different persons or entities. Most of these
    components are governed under the terms and conditions of the GNU General
    Public Licence, hereafter called "GPL", or of similar licenses. Most of
    these licenses allow you to use, duplicate, adapt or redistribute the
    components which they cover. Please read carefully the terms and
    conditions of the license agreement for each component before using any
    component. Any question on a component license should be addressed to the
    component author and not to Mandriva. The programs developed by Mandriva
    S.A. are governed by the GPL License. Documentation written by Mandriva
    S.A. is governed by a specific license. Please refer to the documentation
    for further details.

    4. Intellectual Property Rights All rights to the components of the
    Software Products belong to their respective authors and are protected by
    intellectual property and copyright laws applicable to software programs.
    Mandriva S.A. reserves its rights to modify or adapt the Software
    Products, as a whole or in parts, by all means and for all purposes.
    "Mandriva", "Mandriva Linux" and associated logos are trademarks of
    Mandriva S.A.

    [...]

    You can find the GPL itself in full at
    . Note in particular:

    1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source
    code as you receive it, in any medium, [...]

    You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you
    may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

    2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of
    it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such
    modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that
    you also meet all of these conditions: [...]

    3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under
    Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1
    and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following: [...]

    So yes, it is 'legal' make and distribute copies of GPLd software.

    It would be foolish for a buyer to pay more than the cost of the blank DVD
    plus postage and packing and a reasonable copying fee, of course. For
    comparison, LinuxCD.org charge US$5.25 (presumably plus postage) for
    Mdv2007.1 DVDs
    -
    but when attached to a computer magazine they are free.

    --
    -- Whiskers

+ Reply to Thread