Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007 - Mandriva ; Frank Peelo wrote: > James Kerr wrote: >> >> The ONE disks contain proprietary video drivers and are live CD's (can be >> run without being installed, but can be installed from a desktop link). >> The mini contains only ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007

    Frank Peelo wrote:

    > James Kerr wrote:

    >> The ONE disks contain proprietary video drivers and are live CD's (can be
    >> run without being installed, but can be installed from a desktop link).
    >> The mini contains only Free Software and is not a live CD.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > The ONE I knew about. The mini was new to me, and I didn't even see it
    > on http://www.mandriva.com/download or
    > http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Cho..._right_edition
    > So I was just wondering. So it's like cd1 of the cd release then?

    IIRC it's intended to provide the packages necessary to set up a basic
    system, and so, for example, includes xorg but not KDE or Gnome. (You can
    check out the package list by looking at the idx file for the version - 32
    or 64 bit - you plan to install.) I'm not sure if you can do that with just
    CD1 of the CD set. I've never tried it.

    Jim

  2. Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007

    Klaatu wrote:

    > Nope, just one big DVD iso with idx, asc, and sha1 files. (Maybe I should
    > start up a need new eyeglasses fund).

    I think that emergency re-animation charge Gort gave you fifty years ago
    is finally wearing down. Better see him about a new charge. Say, who
    handles Gort's software updates, anyway?

    (Those who don't get the reference, get a copy of "The Day The Earth
    Stood Still" and watch it.)

    TJ

  3. Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007

    Klaatu wrote:
    > Frank Peelo wrote:
    >
    >> So, when I finish getting the DVD iso back home on my mp3 player, and
    >> stitch all the pieces back together, it's not going to go onto CDs?

    > Nope, just one big DVD iso with idx, asc, and sha1 files. (Maybe I should
    > start up a need new eyeglasses fund).

    Don't you just hate it when you make the same mistake over and over,
    just KNOWING you're right? Sigh. I know *I* do.

    TJ

  4. Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007

    TJ wrote:

    > Klaatu wrote:
    >> Frank Peelo wrote:
    >>
    >>> So, when I finish getting the DVD iso back home on my mp3 player, and
    >>> stitch all the pieces back together, it's not going to go onto CDs?

    >> Nope, just one big DVD iso with idx, asc, and sha1 files. (Maybe I
    >> should start up a need new eyeglasses fund).

    > Don't you just hate it when you make the same mistake over and over,
    > just KNOWING you're right? Sigh. I know *I* do.
    >
    > TJ

    Wasn't sure, that's why I asked for others to verify since I never had a DVD
    burner before.

  5. Re: 4-CD version of spring 2007

    TJ wrote:

    > Klaatu wrote:
    >
    >> Nope, just one big DVD iso with idx, asc, and sha1 files. (Maybe I
    >> should start up a need new eyeglasses fund).

    > I think that emergency re-animation charge Gort gave you fifty years ago
    > is finally wearing down.

    Unknown, as always.
    > Better see him about a new charge. Say, who
    > handles Gort's software updates, anyway?

    Gort and brethern are autonomous, self updating.

    > (Those who don't get the reference, get a copy of "The Day The Earth
    > Stood Still" and watch it.)
    >
    > TJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2